Emerys Ghost

(Evelyn's POV)

"There's a creepy shadow figure lady in the corner of my room and she won't leave me alone." Emery's scared little voice said through the dark.

"Daddy will be right back. Why don't you lay with Mama til I come back? I'm just gonna go grab some things." Zak said.

Emery climbed in our bed. "Mmm Daddy's spot is warm." She giggled.

"What did you see in your bedroom, baby?" I said as a stroked her long locks.

"I woke up because I felt something watching me. I looked over in the corner and there was this old creepy hag lady sitting in my rocking chair." She told me.

"Well there's nothing to worry about. Daddy will take care of it. You're safe." I said kissing her hair.

I decided I'd get up and see if I could help Zak at all as I could hear him grumbling with his hands full up the stairs.

"Baby, do you need help?" I asked as I reached to grab some of the load.

Out of breath, he leaned into our bedroom.

"Ems, you wanna come do an investigation with Mama & I? I need you to show me what you saw." He said smiling at her.

"Of course Daddy."
*************************************************
Once in Emery's bedroom, Zak set up all the devices and cameras to capture what our daughter just saw.

Zak & I sat on either side of her with Zak having a recorder in hand.

"Emery, I need you to tell me exactly what you saw and where. Okay? I wanna make sure this thing you saw isn't trying to hurt you or anyone in the family." Zak told her calmly.

I always appreciated how tender and gentle he was with the kids when it came to ghosts and spirits. He explained just enough to not ever scare them but spark their curiosity.

"Okay. So. I was dead asleep and then I got startled awake. I felt like someone was watching me. I looked over in the corner of my room where my rocking chair from when I was a baby is at and I saw this lady sitting there. She was like in black clothes and was almost like a witch and had red glowing eyes. I looked at her and then she turned her head and looked at me. That's when I got up and came into your room." She said

Zak pulled her close and kissed her forehead.

"Don't worry baby, Daddy won't let anything hurt you. You're my girl." He said.

The love our kids had for their dad was unreal. He was a super hero to them even if he did break their hearts once or twice. Despite everything, the man who swore to the media that he would never ever have children, was actually a total softie when it came to his kids.

"Hey Em, why don't you go sleep in our bed while we investigate, that way we don't keep you up. Okay? I can come tuck you in?" I asked her.

She nodded and I followed her to our room. One thing to know about our bed is that it's a king size bed and that means our kids love getting lost in it and taking up the whole thing.
****************************************
Once Emery was all tucked in, I gave her a kiss on the forehead, turned out the lights and went to help Zak.