Chapter 37

My eyes fluttered open after being awoken by the sounds of water dripping down at a slow and condescending pace outside of the living room window. My eyes blinked a few times as last nights events came flooding back to me and I smiled. I smiled, a real and genuine smile. For the first time in months I felt brand new and refreshed. My eyes flew up and down as it followed each individual rain drop as it descended down from the roof. 

My body was warm and wrapped tightly against the man that I loved. Even though the carpet floor was uncomfortable to sleep on, the company made me forget about the luxury that my bed provided on a daily basis. My naked back was pressed up against his bare chest as his left arm laid carelessly around my thin waist. I glanced down from the window and traced my fingers lightly across his Dark Mark. I sighed as the weight of this year hit me hard. 

I closed my eyes as I rested my hand on top of his. The beginning of sixth year was thought to be a regular, boring school experience. But this man, the one laying down next to me, his breathing steady as he slept peacefully, changed my life forever. After my father's death I believed he was a curse sent from Merlin himself but now I realize what a blessing I've recieved. We've been through so much together, we've shared things with each other that none of us will ever regret and because of him, I know what true love feels like.

Draco Malfoy is without a doubt the man of my dreams, he is unbelieveably perfect and even with this horrible mark magically tattooed on his forearm, I find him even more appealing. It proves the pain and struggle he's had to endure since Voldermort rose back into power. The soft trickling of the rain ceased and I carefully unwrapped myself from Draco. I dressed into my underwear and jeans, seeing as my shirt was ripped apart by Draco's spell. I sat down on the window sill, facing the glass and smirked at the thought of us fighting. It was funny now that I think about it. 

Taking a long look outside, I confirmed my suspicsions about the weather status. The storm has indeed passed and jugding by the slow but noticable rising of the sun, I deduced that it was around six or seven O'clock in the morning. The flowers were dewy along with the grass as the trees began to straighten themselves out with the help of the sun's ray. 

My body jumped up in surprise as I felt two strong arms slowly crawl around my waist pulling me close. A soft smile graced my lips as he rested his head on top of my shoulder. I leaned back and inhaled his warm scent. 

"Morning," I smiled.

He rubbed his head in the nook of my neck causing me to giggle. "Good morning, my love," he said softly and then he was silent for a moment so I looked up to see him watching me with loving eyes. 

"What?" I said curiously.

He shook his head in admiration, "Your hair is blonde again."

I shrugged as he ran his finger through it. "It's this potion I drink in the morning before school starts. It temporarily changes my hair color."

He nodded, "Oh," he paused snapping out of his little trance and kissed my cheek. "How are you feeling?"

I spun around and pounced on him, "I feel amazing!" I yelled like a little girl and he chuckled as he balanced himself. 

He smirked, "I'm that good huh?" 

I rolled my eyes, "No need to be so cocky." I stopped and looked up at him with a goofy grin plastered on my face. "But yes, you were freaking awesome!"

He smiled and raised an eyebrow at me, "No more cursing?"

I shook my head, "Nope! I will only curse when needed. Which will probably be while I'm hunting your kind," Draco glared at me and I blinked innocently. "I mean death eaters and when I see Pamela again."