The Angel & The Devil

SAME DAY, SAME TIME: JANUARY 2014

M A L I K •

"Why do I need ta come home, Tasha—stop beatin' 'round the bush n say whatchu want," I spoke, my frustration growing even more.

"I gotta talk ta you about somethin'...it's important,"

"Tasha this shit can wait. I'm busy—"

"It can't! Please," she begged me.

Goddamn heart, please don't be moved. I looked over at Tre, who was just sitting there on his phone now. He looked up at me noticing I was looking at him.

"Malik—"

"Fine, I'm on my way, bruh. N es shit better be important too, LaTasha I'm not playin',"

"Okay, okay,"

"Bye," I hung up. I slouched down on the couch still naked from the waist down.

I then feel arms wrap around me. "Don't pout, baby," he kissed my cheek. I looked at him placing a kiss on his lips. In an instant, I almost forgot she even called.

"If I leave, you promise you not gon' feel a way," I asked.

He chuckled. "Just go, Malik. It might be really important,"

"Tre—"

"Malik, just go. I'll be aight,"

"Okay," he let me go and I started putting on my clothes. I grabbed my keys and started walking to his front door. Before I exited, I turned around looking up at him. I wrapped my arms around him in a tight hug. I pulled back poking my lips out. He kissed them a few times then I walked out of the door. "Bye, Tre," I said and he waved to me with a smile.

I was scared to go meet Tasha.

I didn't want to leave him because I knew she was about to have my head all confused like she always does.

And I don't wanna hurt him...

Fuck, I should just stay here, but the way she sounded is making me worry.

I grabbed the steering wheel in confusion; damn near wanting to bang my head on it. I swear I can never get a break.

It took me five minutes to even pull out of his driveway, but once I did, I swear I started speeding home.

Wandering, thinking, trying to dissect the call to possibly see what she wanted to tell me.

I slowly pulled into my building's parking lot, turned off the car, and sat there in silence, just listening to the evening around me. I took a deep sigh before I got out and locked up.

I walked into the building and headed upstairs.

As I turn the hallway, my line of sight is captured by Tasha standing at my door in a tight full-length red dress that shows off her body and her big ass pregnant belly. She also wore a half jacket that I bought her with some money I saved up in prison a while back.