Finally

A WEEK LATER: LATE JANUARY, 2015

T R E V O N •

Tre are we really doin' this shit?" Megan asked me as we sat in my office. She was sitting in a chair next to me as we waited for a potential buyer of the company to walk in.

I shrugged, "I think so," I spoke as I grabbed her hands. "Remember how we said this was never the end goal, Diane," I tried calming her down.

Our company is our baby, but I want to move on to real shit. Not knocking the work we did here, but—I want to make movies.

Movies that hit the theaters. Movies that people talk about forever.

I'm proud of the work I've done so far. Proud of the people I've helped, and I'll never shy away from my past, or look down upon it.

Hell, it was how I met the true love of my life.

For that reason alone, this place will forever have a piece of my heart, but...it's time for bigger and better.

"I know, but, Tre—"

"No buts, Megan. Are we in es shit together, or not?"

She sighed then nodded her head, "Okay, fuck it. You know I'm followin' after you wherever you go,"

I smiled nodding. "And it's not like we're losin' out on everything. We're jus not gon' be the CEOs no more. Still gettin' money til we figure everything out. Til we find our footing. We know some good people. We are some good people. We smart, we educated, we know business," I assured her, squeezing her hand. "We got this shit. If nobody else got this shit, we do," I looked in her eyes.

She smiled and right as she was about to speak, the door opened up.

"Welcome," I greeted the woman as I stood up, holding my hand out. "Nice ta meet you. My name is Trevon Jackson," I put on my best voice. "This is our president, Megan Smith," I spoke watching as she walked in sitting down in the chair in front of my desk. "I heard you're interested in becoming the new CEO of 'Movie' Star Studios," I smiled, looking over at Megan who had a matching one.

"I am," was all she said. "I think we should start off with a price you're looking for,"

I smiled even bigger.

About to buy Malik another car after this.

...

a few days later: early february, 2015

"Move. I wanna write him somethin' first," Jessica told Tony who was trying to be the first person who wrote on the paper.

My three besties came over for lunch today, and of course, they asked about Malik.

Megan ended up suggesting that we all write him a letter of encouragement from people outside of me and the kids.

I thought it was an amazing idea, so now here we are in TGI Fridays with two grown-ass niggas fighting over whose note gets read first by Malik.

I just shook my head.

"Will you two dumbasses jus pick?" Megan scolded.

Tony rolled his eyes which made him lose focus just enough for Megan to get the notebook in front of her and start writing.

"You cheated, whore!" Tony yelled.