Dysthymia: Despondency & Dejection

SAME DAY, SAME TIME: MID JULY 2014

T R E V O N •

I see the integrity of my phone starting to give out underneath Malik's grip.

"Malik," I said low.

"Trevon, stop ignorin' me," Dayshawn continued to speak.

I then felt a gust of air as Malik got off of me, just dropping my phone to the floor and going into his room, slamming the door.

He's mad as fuck. I face palmed myself, confused as to what I should do.

"Tre?"

"H-Hello?" I hesitated to speak. The phone is still on the floor. "Why are you callin' me, Day?"

"Baby, I miss you. I wanted ta tell you I went ta rehab—"

"You gon really sit up hur n talk ta es nigga in my house, Trevon?" Malik came back out, now with pants on.

"Oh is et Malik? You still hangin' out wit him?"

"Malik," I spoke. "Baby," I got up going to him.

"You been talkin' ta es, nigga, Trevon?" he asked me, his eyes watering.

"No, Malik, I promise you," I tried to hug him to calm him down.

"Don't fuckin' touch me. Yo nigga on the phone talkin' ta you," he jerked from my grasp.

"Baby so you really fuckin' et bitch ass nigga?" Dayshawn spoke through the phone.

I glanced at Malik who was holding onto his pants. He just smirked, but I knew he wasn't amused.

He then took the ring off his finger aggressively I just gave him today off throwing it across the room.

"Baby," he just glared at me.

"Why are you still hur? Go home n talk ta yo nigga,"

"Yeah, Tre let's jus go home," Dayshawn spoke.

Malik busted out laughing. "I'll give it ta him. He not pussy," he shook his head pointing at me. "You can't be if you fuckin' wit me,"

"Why you still talkin' ta him, Trevon?"

"Day shut the fuck up," I yelled, finally moving to grab my phone and hang it up.

"Malik," I tried to grab him again.

"Bro, if you touch me again," he scowled at me. "I'm tryna show restraint real bad right now, Trevon,"

"But baby you not listenin'. I haven't talked ta him in almost a year. Since before my birthday!" I tried to reason.

"So why the fuck is he callin' yo phone? Why he got yo number? Why did you begin ta even talk to es nigga?" he started to yell.

His eyes started watering again. "Why? Are you goin' back ta him?" I shook my head. "Am I just another mistake?" he blinked away his tears. "Why I always am somebody's second choice?" he looked away.