Chapter 8

Later that afternoon, Erik returns to his domain. Once he returns, begins to pace and think about what Madame Giry had told him and Christine's uncle about the unfortunate event. "Oh my darling Christine...what on Earth has he done to you while I was away? Has he hurt to where you are broken like bones? Is he not having anything to eat? Is he starving you to death? Has he made you get to the point where you be ill and die like I have been seeing in my dreams?" He stops pacing, sits down and leans over his desk and holds his hands together. "Oh Christine. I hope you are alright. I care about you too much to see you suffer from that insufferable youth." He pauses as he realizes what he needs to do. "I promise to see you soon my angel. I promise."

Meanwhile at the DeChangy's house, Christine finally gets the chance to leave her room and walk around the garden for some fresh air. As Christine walks to the garden, memories of her and her Angel of Music together. Each memory of them stabs her in the heart, knowing that she misses him. She sits down and looks to the sky. "Oh Angel. I wish you were here," she sighs. "I would tell you everything about what Raoul has done. I would tell you how he has taken my passion away from me. I know that you would be very mad and want to kill him like before." A tear falls down on her cheek. "Oh Angel. I miss you...so much."

Suddenly, Christine hears a voice calling to her; calling her name. Her eyes grow big as she is hoping that the voice that is calling to her is her Angel. She looks around and says "Angel?" Christine hears the voice call her name again. She quickly stands up as she yells. "ANGEL!" Raoul emerges from the trees with a sigh of relief. "Ah. There you are. I was looking for you," he said. He walks up to but notices that Christine does not say a word to him. "You're still mad at me aren't you?" he asks. Christine turns away from him. "Of course I'm angry at you," Christine replies. Raoul turns her around to face him. "Please Christine. How many times do I have to say I'm sorry?" he asks. Christine show tears and anger in her eyes. "It doesn't matter how many times you try to apologize to me Raoul. You took away something that I've grown to love since I was a child." She yells at him. Christine turns away from him again and takes a few steps away. "My passion." As she tries to think of what to say next, tears start to fall on her cheek. "Raoul, I don't know what has gotten into you, but you can't just do this. I know that you have your career where you have to leave every other couple of days and come back, but I don't yell at you, make you go to your bedroom and lock you in there for the entire night," Christine implies as she turns back around to face Raoul.

"You're right. I shouldn't have acted the way I did. And I should have known better," he admits. Christine looks down and turns her head away. "Please. I know you're concerned for me and I know that for me to be playing and singing music makes you think of him. But you know he let me go for a reason," Christine implies as she looks at a statue of an Angel. "He was in love with me, and he knew that I love you instead of him. He only let me go because he knew that I needed a better life. He knew it would have been better if I didn't live in his world of hatred and disgust," she says as continues to shed her tears. Raoul walks towards her and says, "Yes and you are right. Which is why I've decided...to bring back your music sheets and the piano from your fathers mansion." Christine turns around, confused by why Raoul changed his mind. "What? Are you serious, Raoul?" She asks. Raoul takes her hand and replies, "Yes I am. I just want to make you happy. I don't want to see you being upset at me." Christine looks down as she doesn't know whether or not to believe him. "Promise me that all you say is true," she insists. "I promise everything that I am saying to you right now is true," he replies. Raoul hugs her and says, "And I promise to not let anything like that happen again." He let's go of her as Christine looks into his eyes. "Because I love you. I love you Christine," he says passionately. Christine smiles and softly replies, "I love you." They lean in and kiss each other.

"Alright, I have to go to Paris for some business. I'll be back later on tonight so we can spend some time together. Is that ok?" Raoul asks. "Of course. Go. Do what you have to do. I'll see you tonight," she says as Raoul takes his hand to wipe her tears. "My little lotte," he says with a hushed tone in his voice. They lean in once more and passionately kiss each other.

Later on that day, Christine was wondering around the mansion thinking and talks to herself about Raoul's behavior and what made him change his mind. "I wonder what has gotten into Raoul? One minute he locks me in my room, the next he lets me sing again? I mean. Yes, we are childhood sweethearts and everything. And yes he tried to save me from my Angel. Even though he wasn't successful. But he knows that music is who I am. It is a part of my life And even though he says that he loves me, I feel like it isn't the same as it was before. I just feel like it isn't enough," she implies as she walks towards a window and looks beyond the horizon. "The only person who knows me for who I am and who loves music just as much as I do is my Angel."

Christine notices a rose in a vase and touches the petals. As she does so, memories of her Angel pop in her mind. "I knew in my heart that he was different than any other man that I've ever met. He and I have some sort of connection when we are together. Oh father...I think I'm still in love with him."

Christine notices a chair in her bedroom, sits down and continues to touch the petals from the rose as she thinks about her Angel of Music. "Oh Angel. I wish you were here," she sighs. "Well then turn around and look at me," Erik responds as he heard her wish. Christine turns around and is speechless to see that her Angel of Music has returned to her. "Angel," she says with a sound of relief and happiness to see that he is here to see her. "Hello Christine," Erik responds.