1. Happy New Year

11:34pm, 31st December 2010 - London

The city of London, England, was buzzing with life as midnight was quickly approaching on this New Years Eve. On every street, a party was in full swing, people dancing in the roads and setting up fireworks in the park.

At one particular party, taking place at a bar down Brooks Street, hundreds of young people no older than 23, were bringing in the new year in style. The rowdy youngsters were dancing on the tables, passed out drunk, painting eachother in neon colours so they glowed in the dark room, whilst the music boomed, causing the glass in the windows to vibrate. Whilst all this was going on, one person wasn't enjoying the night as much as she would have liked to. She sat at the bar, twirling the olive around her martini with a toothpick, resting her head in her other hand. She sighed deeply as she looked over her shoulder to see her best friend Cara who'd she come here with tonight, ferociously making out with her boyfriend against the wall behind her. She turned back to face the bar rolling her eyes, he long blonde curls falling over her shoulders. As soon as she agreed to come to this party, it had been in the back of her mind that this is how she would've ended up, sitting alone. Cara had been with this guy for a few months now, and would not stop talking about him! When she said he was coming along tonight, she guessed she'd be third wheeling.

She remained melancholy at the bar, now trying to make a tower out of the beer mats that surrounded her. Just as she was about to place one mat on top of her tower, someone nudged into her, making the whole thing collapse. She threw her arms in the air, quickly turning round to see Cara being held up right by her boyfriend, giggling at eachother.

"Jesus Cara how much have you drank since I last saw you?" The girl said, getting off her bar stool to help Cara stand up straight. Cara's long hair fell over her face as her head hung, her lifeless body being supported by her boyfriend before he spoke.

"We did some shots, and now she's like this" he laughed as Cara stood up again leaning against the bar, putting her arm around the girls shoulders.

"Taylor, c'mon you need to drink. We've got like 20 minutes till midnight and you're not even drunk yet" Cara slurred.

Taylor was not the type of girl to get 'drunk'. Of course she enjoyed the odd drink now and again, but she couldn't actually name a time she'd been as intoxicated as Cara was now. She removed Cara's arm from around her.

"Okay, let's get you somewhere where you can sit down, I'll get you some water" She pushed her way through the crowd, followed by Cara and guy she was with, who was still supporting her. Taylor eventually found a red leather sofa that was completely free.

"Here, put her down there" the guy flung Cara onto the sofa where she passed out immediately. "I'll go and get her some water, hopefully she'll come around by midnight"

"Thanks Taylor"

She hurried back through the crowd towards the bar, only to discover there were now a lot more people wanting drinks than there were before. She sighed deeply before wiggling her way through to get to the front of the bar. Cara needed this water ASAP so she had to impolitely push in.

"Hey what're you doing" some guy nudged Taylor in the back as she pushed past him, sending her flying, hitting the person in the back who was stood in front of her. She didn't know who to apologise to first, so quickly spun around to face the rude guy who had just pushed her.

"I'm sorry, I need to get a drink quickly" she said panic in her voice.

"Don't we all, get to the back of the line bitch" he grabbed her below her shoulder, but before he could move her, the hand of someone else grabbed hold of his forearm.