16. All That Matters

7:30pm, 21st August 2015 - London

Harry sat with Kendall on their living room sofa watching the latest episode of a TV programme that Kendall loved but Harry had literally no interest in. She sat laughing at the TV whilst Harry scrolled through his phone. He realised he hadn't checked his email that day so decided to look. He frowned slightly at his most recent email in his inbox.

Unread mail (1)
taylor.s13@live.com

He clicked it straight away.

Once he read the email he immediately threw his phone onto the couch next to him and put his hand to his forehead, sighing heavily.

"What's wrong with you?" Kendall asked harshly.

"Oh nothing, just an email from work"

"Oh" she turned back to look at the TV.

Taylor wasn't coming! He'd never see her again? This was it, there's no way he could pursuade her. Taylor coming to the wedding was the only thing that made him believe he could get through the day. He knew he has to email her back but had no idea what to say? There was no point in trying to change her mind because then he'd seem desperate and he didn't want that.

He got up of the couch and headed up the stairs to the bedroom, Kendall following him with her eyes. Once he was upstairs he shut the door and perched himself on the end of the bed. He took his phone out his pocket and started typing the email.

Taylor,
I understand where you're coming from but there's nothing I want more than to see you there at the wedding. It would mean the world to me. Don't worry about what I'm feeling, I know I want you there that's all that matters. Please reconsider.
H.

He sent the email running his hand through his thick hair, then the bedroom light went on, Kendall stood leaning against the door frame with her arms crossed.

"What's going on?" She said

He thought about his answer. He didn't want to tell her the truth because then she'd think him and taylor were up to no good behind her back.

"Nothing babe, just trying to sort something out at the office, they've messed up some files so were just getting in touch with me, that's all"

"Oh, well stop being such a moody ass and come back down stairs"

"Okay okay"

He got up off the bed and followed Kendall down the stairs back to the living room. When he sat back down on the couch she cuddled right up next to him.

"We're going to be so happy together baby" she whispered. His eyes remained glued to the TV, biting the inside of his cheek nervously. "Harry?" She said abruptly.

"Oh yeah, I know babe" he pecked her on the head making her smile. She buried her head under Harry's neck.

Taylor had to come! He had to see her again.