9. How's Taylor?

4:32pm, 10th August 2015 - London

"Okay ladies and gentlemen that concludes today's meetings, if you have any concerns or questions at all, please don't hesitate to contact me or my supervisor Mr Styles"

Mr Bowman opened his arm to Harry who was sat down to his left. He smiled at the roomful of people who were positioned down the long table in the board room. They all stood up at once and made their way towards the exit, Harry staying behind with Mr Bowman.

"I think that went well" Harry said, stuffing his paper work into his brief case.

"Yeah me to, hopefully they'll take on board what we said about the investments and come back with increased sales next month..."

Last year Harry had been promoted to supervisor in the office he worked in. He now had an office on the same floor as the general manager which was a lot bigger and more spacious. He had a top of the range apple computer, and was given a new Mercedes on behalf of the company. He felt on top of the world.

"Well I'll see you Monday Harry, don't forget those documents..." He shot Harry a look that said 'forget the documents and you're dead'.

"Don't worry sir I'll remember"

"Good man, have a nice weekend"

"And you sir"

Mr Bowman left the room without replying to him. Harry was left to lock up the office after all the other employees had left.

When the last person left, he bid them goodnight and locked the door. As he hurried towards the elevators carrying his jacket and briefcase he glanced at his watch. 5:10pm. He was meeting people for dinner at half 7. He nodded slightly at the realisation he had time to grab a coffee on his way back to the car.

He hurried into the nearest Starbucks, luckily it was very quiet, only a few businessmen like himself sitting at the tables reading their papers. He went to the counter, and started to reel off his order to the girl who had her back to him.

"Excuse me, can I get a black Americano please, to go..."

The girl spun around, her eyes widened when they met Harry's.

"Cara?" He said smiling

"Harry??!! Oh my god, what the...I mean...I can't believe it's you"

"Wow I can't believe it either?" He chuckled. Harry hadn't seen Cara for years, not since Taylor. They used to go out with her and her boyfriend sometimes for dinner, or for casual nights out.

"Well how've you been? I barely recognised you to be honest" she said smiling.

"It must be the hair" Harry replied, running his hand through his long brown curls.

"Yeah, it's grown a hell of a lot" Cara said giggling.

"But iv been good yeh, you?"

"Yeah it's been okay. I got that job in the solicitors firm, I start there next month, just been working here to pay the rent you know..."

"Oh wow, congratulations Cara that's amazing. You always wanted to be a lawyer good for you" he said as his beautiful smile lit up his face.

"Aw thanks Harry" her colleague handed her Harry's coffee. "Oh here you go"

"Thanks" he handed her the loose change from his pocket. "Keep the change". Cara smiled as she opened the till. "So, erm...how's Taylor?"

Cara looked up at him, slightly sad look on her face. Harry cocked his head slightly. "Oh she's doing great, yeah she erm...she moved back to the states" Cara scratched the back of her neck awkwardly. Harry's eyes wandered down to his hands.

"Oh I see. Nashville?"

"Yeah, I guess she just wanted to be by her family. She didn't seem to fit in here anymore"

Harry's heart sunk, knowing taylor was thousands of miles away, knowing he would probably never see her again.

"But she's an interior designer now" Cara's voice lit up again, making Harry raise his head to look at her. "She works for this massive company out there, she's doing really well for herself"

Harry managed a smile "I'm glad she's happy" he then glanced at his watch. "Iv gotta go, so nice seeing you Cara"

"And you, bye"

Harry quickly hurried out the coffee shop, clutching onto his Americano as he broke into a light jog towards his car, he was cutting it fine now. He had an hour to get home, have a shower, get ready and make his way back into the city for dinner.