13. See You In September

10:45am, 15th August 2015 - Nashville

Taylor hung up a large picture above her fireplace. She stepped back and scratched her chin as she examined it.

"Beautiful" she said to herself smiling. She was now fully unpacked and beginning to add some character to her new home. She picked up the second picture she bought, wrestling with the bubble wrap as she tried to unwrap it from the frame. He held it up in front of her face and studied the beautiful painting. Her mother bought her this picture, and it was one of her favourites. It was a watercolour painting of flowers that were all different colours. She decided she was going to hang it on the wall leading up the stairs.

She hung it on the wall, standing as far back as she could on the stairs to see if it hung straight. She smiled at how pretty it looked. As she was on her way back down the stairs she heard a knock on the door. Tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear she opened the door.

She gasped when she saw who was stood in front of her. She couldn't speak, her mouth just hung open.

"Hey"

Harry's voice sent chills down her spine. How she missed his voice. He managed an awkward smile.

"What...what the hell are you doing here?" Taylor stuttered still in complete shock.

"Nice to see you too" Harry said giggling. Taylor placed her hand across her forehead, her mouth still hanging open with shock.

"I...erm...I can't believe this"

Harry turned his head away from her awkwardly, he hadn't really planned what he was going to say to her, and now he was stuck.

"Erm, do you want to come in?" Taylor asked.

"Sure" Harry replied shrugging his shoulders. Taylor stood to one side allowing Harry to wander into her house. "Wow, Taylor nice place"

She shut the door behind him, pulling at her clothes nervously as he continued to look around. "Thanks" Harry smiled as he continued to nosy around the house.

"Harry what are you doing here?"

He looked at her, unsure of how to tell her he was getting married.

"Erm, well, I bumped into Cara the other day, she told me you'd moved back here"

"Yeah she mentioned" Taylor replied crossing her arms. "Did she give you my address"

"Yeah" he said grinning.

Taylor shook her head. Damn you Cara she thought. There was a moment of awkward silence, the pair of them looking down at the floor before Harry took a deep breath and blurted out what he'd come all this way to tell her.

"I'm getting married Tay"

Taylor's eyes darted to his, her heart sinking in her chest. She immediately felt the colour drain from her cheeks.

"What?" She stuttered.

"I'm getting married, and iv erm...come to invite you to the wedding"

Taylor let out a nervous scoff. She didn't know what to do or say.

"Wow...well congratulations...I'm happy for you" Harry waited for her response to his invite. She hesitated whilst looking into his eyes. "I don't know Harry, I mean, I don't think I'll be very welcome"

"Of course you will, iv explained to Kendall and she's fine with it" he walked over to her so he was stood centimetres away from her. Her breathing picked up as she felt his breath on her face, the butterflies forming in her stomach. "It would mean a lot if you would come"

She backed away from him, rolling her eyes slightly. "Why is this so important to you? Do you just want to rub in it?"

"What? No of course not. Taylor, you were a big part of my life..." She interrupted him

"After all we went through why would you want me to watch you get married and start your life with another woman?"

Harry knew he couldn't respond to that the way he so desperately wanted to. He couldn't tell her he was still in love with her, and he certainly couldn't tell her he would rather her walk down the isle to him. Taylor on the other hand felt the same. She couldn't tell him how she really felt about this, how she was suddenly heartbroken at the thought of Harry beginning this whole new life with someone that wasn't her.

"You flew all this way out here to invite me to your wedding?" She spoke quietly, this was hard for her.

"I know it sounds strange, but I just feel like I need you there...iv missed you" he placed his hand on her shoulder, making her look up at him. He was touching her, her Harry was touching her.

"Fine" she said along with a sigh. Harry did a long blink along with his beautiful smile.

"I'll pay for your flight, and the room at the hotel, I insist"

"No no Harry I'm more than capable of paying for it myself..."

"No, I'm paying, end of" he walked towards the door backwards, not taking his eyes off taylor, he drank in her beauty through his eyes one last time before he left. "Do you have the same email address?"

"Yeah"

"Okay I'll email you the flight details once iv booked it" he opened the door for himself, taylor following him onto the front porch of her house. Before he made his way down the porch steps, he stood facing Taylor with his hands in his pockets. It killed him at how much he felt like a stranger to her. "It makes me happy to see how much you've accomplished out here Taylor, I'm really proud of you"

"Thanks Harry" she said smiling at him. He hugged her, her arms wrapping around his neck. They both closed their eyes as they held each other in a tight embrace for a short moment, Harry's large arms wrapping around her. Without saying a single word, Harry let her go and walked towards the car parked on the road.

"See you in September" he shouted before he got in the car. Taylor lifted her hand to wave as she leaned against the pillar on the porch. As he sped away, she wandered back into her house, her head hanging. He was getting married. She wiped away the stray year that fell down her face.