iv. lotus flower

a/n: reminder the two timeline groups are 2018 which is right when tony is beam up to space during infinity war and other 2025 after far from home and before the second suicide squad film!

Margot Robbie in
BIRDS OF PREY (2020)

——————————

𝖎𝖛.
LOTUS FLOWER

Caroline did not want to be stuck there anymore. Not when she knows what comes next and is not pretty at all. It will eventually get darker when they hit the red room part of her past. A place she loathes with everything she has. It is already established that her life is technically a lie but those lies affect the people's lives she was part of and she is not ready to be confronted about it.

Truth be told sometimes she felt gross in her own skin. Is not that she wants to but every moment of her life has been dictated to be someone else's pawn. She didn't want to be covered in tattoos that are just a reminder of her and the Joker; but she had to do it– to please him. But she also doesn't want to live the rest of her life covering herself in makeup, as she isn't the goody two shoes blonde from mystic falls either. Nor is she the lively girl from ohio.

Caroline is sitting in the middle of Bruce and Happy as Ivy and Chuck settled on row down from her. Damon looks at her with slight irritation in his tone as he tries to put everything together in his mind. "So blondie, were you ever going to tell us that your name is not Caroline?"

"Pretty sure we established that she is slightly crazy with two names," murmurs Clint, shooting Caroline an awkward grin. She shrugs as technically is true. Wanda snickers, hitting his shoulder, whispering, "Don't be rude."

"What? Is the truth plus she doesn't seem to care," the archer whispers back to her. Wanda rolls her eyes. Sam leans to both Bucky and Steve as his eyes drift back and forth between Caroline and Damon. "I want to know the tea between her and him."

"Tea?" Steve looks at Sam with confusion clouding his blue eyes. Bucky shakes his head placing a hand on his shoulder, "Even I know what that means. You gotta keep up, old man."

"We can deal with whole name thing later, hermoine here is not in the mood." Tony shoots the blonde a wink as she smiles appreciatively as they all settle into their seats. Chuck whispers to ex-jester, "How the hell do you know Tony Stark?"

"Ehh long story saved the world with him although that technically hasn't happened yet," she replies with a pensive thought at the whole different timelines. Sighing she looks at the screen as it brightens up.

Scene cuts to inside a grocery store, a shopping cart full of items. Caroline puts multiple bottles of laxatives in the cart as Cassandra walks by her. Cassandra looks at her then at the aisles. "What are we even doing here?"