xiii. stones

Harley Quinn in comicJOKER WAR (2020)

JOKER WAR (2020)

——————————

𝖝𝖎𝖎𝖎.
STONES

A quiet yet loud silence dwellers into the atmosphere as everyone in the room questions what the future has stored for them. They were all in the endgame now, whether they liked it or not. Harley fingers itched into her palms as this brought her closer to certain people she had lost her sister in the process. She always mourns the person she could have been before all of it.

Radio transmission sound is pledged onto the screen, "This is the Asgardian refugee vessel Statesman! We are under assault, I repeat, we are under assault."

Everyone in the room gazed at the two norse gods, their silence heavy with foreboding. Thor and Loki avoided their glances, the memory of Loki's recent death still painfully fresh in their minds. Thor, who was not one to cling to beliefs, found himself hoping fervently that the universe would grant him the chance to save his brother.

"We will be alright, brother," murmured Loki in a softened tone that caught everyone off guard. It was so out of character for the god of mischief to display such vulnerability, and it left the onlookers wondering what had transpired between the brothers before their arrival. Thor's gaze met Loki's, silently conveying his determination that they had to be okay, for the consequences of failure were too dire to imagine.

"He will pay for it, brother. I assure you." Thor's voice crackled with the force of his lightning, a sound that made some flinch. Never before had they heard the god of thunder, (of sunshines really) speak with such venom in voice.

Screams and yells were in the background as a single voice stood out, "The engines are dead, life support failing! Requesting aid from any vessel within range. We are 22 jump points out of Asgard."

A ship is shown in space, blasting beams at a smaller ship, "Our crew is made up of Asgardian families, we have very few soldiers here! This is not a war craft, I repeat, this is not a war craft!"

Worriness and panic rushed into the avengers that had been on earth. Steve gazes at Thor and Loki, "What could you all encounter that Asgard could not handle?"

Thor and Loki did not answer but Steve's question had left an unsettling feeling upon every person in the room. Gamora breathed heavily as she had an idea who it might be. Quill grabbed her hand, "Hey, it might not be him."

"If it is then what hope does the universe have left," murmurs Gamora so low as panic gazes on to her. Quill shook his head, "Is going to be okay."

Gamora smiled at him, her eyes reflecting the warmth of their shared moment. The couple was so engrossed in each other that they remained oblivious to the supernatural events unfolding around them.  The mikaelsons, along with Stefan, exchanged a knowing glance. With a collective sigh, they turned to face the screen.