xii. a glimpse

a/n: reminder the two timeline groups are 2018 which is right when tony is beam up to space during infinity war and other 2025 after far from home and before the second suicide squad film! PLEASE DONT BE GHOST READERS <333

lyrics by Cigarettes After Sex
APOCALYPSE

——————————

𝖝𝖎𝖎.
A GLIMPSE

The room was completely silent as all it could be felt was the despair, the tension of the horrific acts that the multiple young women went through all alone. The screen unpaused as the tension simmered within.

Yelena is walking into a hall where she finds a cooler where the vials were in. Yelena opens it, grabs the vials, "Melina, I found the location of the vials."

"I've had a slight setback. You'll need to get to the widows," Melina is kicking down a metal screw as she grabs a pin, opening a vent crawling through it. The scene changes as Taskmaster throws a shield at Alexei. Alexei rushes to it but Taskmaster kicks him off, grabbing a knife and charging at Alexei who tries to block it but fails.

The three sisters winced as Alexei really got his ass handed multiple times by Taskmaster. Steve glances at the three sisters; "He really has a good form, just it must have been awhile for him since he last fought anyone."

The sisters nodded in agreement. Harley peaked at the so-called golden boy; "He relies too much on his strength instead of his strategic form."

"True. If he had better strategy than it could have been a fair fight," murmured Bruce under his breath as no one heard him. He spoke out of experience as he knew that in all fights it comes down to how fast you can think on the spot rather than relying on your strength.

All the supernatural winced as they all relied on their strength when it comes to their fights but in their case it is a bit different due to them dealing with their own kind. The screen unpaused as they all continued to watch.

Dreykov stands behind Caroline and Natasha as they watch in horror. Dreykov loudly mutters to them, "It's my network of widows that help me control the scales of power. One command, the oil and stock markets crumble. One command, and a quarter of the planet will starve. My widows can start and end wars. They can make and break kings."

Caroline and Natasha scoff at that but they see the videos of the destructions that he caused. Natasha shook her head in despair, "You control all of that from here?"

Dreykov moves to lean on the table, "And with you, Natasha an Avenger under my control, I can finally come out of the shadows using the only natural resource that the world has too much of. Girls."

Caroline watched in horror of all the girls under his control. She shook her head glancing at Natasha who had a small smirk on her. Caroline smiled a bit. "All that control from that little console?"