Chapter Twenty-Seven: Alain's vow.../Xy Opening!

Narrator: After arriving at the Santalune City Gym, Ash, Bonnie, Clemont, Alain, and Mairin met up with Ash's old friend Alexa along with her little Sister and the Gym Leader Viola, who both happened to know Mairin from when was just a little girl, back from when she was helping the two Sisters out with both their Photo and Reporting Projects! After introducing her Chespie to the two Sisters, both Mairin and Ash allowed Alain to Challenge Viola first! And with his determined feelings of wanting to protect Professor Sycamore from the mysterious dangers of Mega Evolution, Alain beat Viola, winning his first Kalos Gym Battle! Inspired by Alain's little Charmander's bravery, Chespie volunteers for Mairin to go next! The only question is: Will Mairin's mysterious Good Luck Wish Charm give her a special gift that will help her earn her first Kalos Gym Badge?

Back at the Pokemon Center; Alain was waiting for his Pokwmon to be all healed up as Ash and Pikachu both watched from afar, knowing that Alain was probably thinking about Professor Sycamore again...

Alain: Hmm...

Ash: Huh?

Pikachu: Pi? Pika...

Ash(Thinking): Hmm... Poor Alain... He must be thinking about Professor Sycamore again and how much he wants to protect those closest to him...

Alain gazed at the Bug Badge, knowing that he had better be the Champion of the Kalos League, for the Professor's Sake!

Alain(Thinking): Hmm... My first Kalos Gym Badge, the Bug Badge; and my first step in earning the right to compete in the Kalos League and becoming the Champion!" "Hmm... I better be the Champion of the Kalos League..." "For Professor Sycamore's sake... He's always counted on me... (Chuckles) Even when I was just a little kid..."

Alain's mind flashes back to when Professor Sycamore gave him his very own Lab Coat to cheer him up after being teased by some Kids when he was only 7 years old!

Young Alain(F.B.): (Young Alain Sobbing)

Professor Sycamore(F.B.): Alain?

Young Alain(F.B.): Yeah, Professor?

Professor Sycamore(F.B.): I think your Dreams of learning more about Mega Evolution are wonderful! 

Young Alain(F.B.): (Sighs) Everybody back at the Orphanage just thought that I'm a weirdo...

Professor Sycamore(F.B.): So? People probably thought that me and the other Professors in all the other Pokemon Regions were weirdos too... But that never stopped us!

Young Alain(F.B.): (Sniffles)

Professor Sycamore(F.B.): (Pulls out a Gift for Alain!) I was saving this for your Birthday, but... Here! 

Young Alain(F.B.): (Gasps when he sees his Mentor's Gift!) A Pokemon Professor Lab Coat... Just like the real Professors and Lab Assistants wear! (Quickly puts it on!)

Professor Sycamore(F.B.): (Chuckles at his little Assisant's young Excitement!)

Young Alain(F.B.): (Gasps) It fits perfect!

Professor Sycamore(F.B.): The World of Pokemon needs your specialty in mysteries about Pokemon here at the Lab in the Kalos Region, Alain... You just have to... Grow into it! And I know that you're gonna do big things someday!

Young Alain(F.B.): (Giggles as he hugs his Mentor!) You Promise?

Professor Sycamore(F.B.): (Smiles as he returns the Embrace, promising his little Assistant that his words are true!) Yeah... I Promise!