The gentle sister

"Forget about the prize tag...."
She sang beautifully with her guitar and soaked in the cheers and applause from all the people across the grill towards the end of her song . She took the compliments with her usual shy smile.

Walking upto the bar counter,
she asked "I'll have the usual ,Rick"
in her soft voice and plopped on one of the bar tables.

Rick smiled at the girl.He was always in awe of the girl of how she was able to remain so kind and gentle even after what happened with her family 3 months ago.
Not like it is only reason he was fond of her the other being ,he also had a huge crush on her.

With her long golden hair , deep blue kind eyes and fair skin .She was a beauty to behold.It was hard not to fall for her.
She unlike her siblings had golden hair.
Which people found odd .Since all the Gilberts were brunettes. Nevertheless everyone in the town were very fond of the sweet gilbert girl.

She was not popular like her older sister Elena.with olive skin,long brown hair and doe eyes ,Elena stood out to be popular amongst the youth of Mystic falls

She and Elena had one year difference

Everyone in the town were sympathetic towards the Gilbert siblings. All knew about the accident that robbed them of their parents.
The now orphan siblings were given pity looks and sad smiles wherever they go.

For the first month it was awful for them but they slowly started dealing with their grief in their own way.

Jeremy, her younger brother by one year started doing drugs to avoid grief.Elena became a shell of a person she was,she started writing her feelings in a journal ,used to hangout by the cemetery .And Evelyn got quiter than she usually was,she started singing at Mystic Bar. Their local Cafe and restaurant to channel her grief in a more healthier way. Still it didn't made her fully content.

Evelyn was always a gentle girl . She was considered as the most mature one of the house by Elena, and most warm by Jeremy.
But after the accident she became insecure of herself,started doubting herself and dreaded for her life ahead.

"Sparkling lemonade coming right at you ,my lady." Rick said playfully.
Evelyn laughed at him and gave him a small reserved smile. Ofcourse she was not gonna drink alcohol at 16.

Completing her drink,she left the grill and head back to her home. It was already dark when she reached home,but everyone was used to her schedule so it wasn't a surprise when she entered her house when the clock struck 9.

Removing her guitar bag from her shoulder , she placed it on the couch and moved towards the kitchen.

If there is anything that can take Evelyn's mind off of everything is nature.She loves being in nature surrounded by plants,feeling the leaves and flowers under her touch. Her mom used to lovingly called her 'her caterpillar'.

Smiling at this memory,Evelyn moved to the pots kept on the window .

"Hello derek ,luther and lily .How was your day today?Mine was okay..ohh derek you look very pale,here let me give you some water."She talked to her plants in low voice.
With that she poured some water into the pots.

Yes,her plants have names and yes,she talks to them as if they are alive. She says she feel them talking to her. Elena and Jeremy never found this weird. They rather found it quite adorable .