A new friend

Evelyn was looking at herself in the mirror. She was done with her outfit and was gonna wrap it up with accessories.
She was not wearing anything extra , just her normal lavender colored skirt with her long sleeved blue colored top .

Normally she don't put so much effort while going out but normally she don't have friends to go out with . She felt happy that she finally got a friend to hang out with. Something she can finally flex about .

Coming down in the living room she found Elena having breakfast with Jeremy and Jenna helping themselves with cereal.

Upon hearing footsteps Jeremy looked up to see his sister looking absolutely ethereal. The sun shone on her creating a halo around her like an angel.

"Wow! You look good Evy." Jeremy said in awe.
Smiling at him she ruffled his hair while helping herself with toast.
"Oo someone's looking good..what's the occasion?" Elena said in a tesing voice.
She smiled a little and said "Nothing Eli Just gonna meet up with Rick "
Elena and Jeremy looked at her wide-eyed. They were honestly not expecting her to go on a date with a guy.
Their sweet innocent little sister going on a date was something one of them absolutely hated to think.

It was obviously Jeremy who hated the idea of Evelyn going on a date. While Elena jumped off the couch.
"Oh my God Evy!you're going on a date with Rick" She screamed in her ears.
"Ouch! Inside voices Elena" She scolded her big sister.
"What?Date? Please tell me that you have gone crazy Elena" Evelyn said amused continued muching on her bread.
Elena laughed at her sister's response. She knew her sister was too naive to understand that she is going on a date.
But before she could tell her the truth Jeremy had something he wanted to add in their conversation.

"No!!Absolutely not!Evy you are not going on a date"He said authoratively.
"Whoah whoa...wait who asked your permission Mister. 15 yrs" Elena defended her sister.
"I am her brother and I absolutely have a say in her love life" He justified poorly, clearly wanting to make a point but is not able to.
"Oh really? Last time I checked I am the oldest here..so everyone's gonna listen to who?.....That's right me" With that she tapped Jeremy's head a little.
"Ow!"He said while rubbing his head .

Meanwhile Evelyn was standing across their banter which she found absolutely useless.
"Mother Nature!There is no need to be fight " She said timidly .
"I am not going on a date , we are just hanging out"
Elena and Jeremy stopped their banter and looked at their adorable little sister. Internally thanking God to make her so innocent.
Jeremy reluctantly agreed to her going out with Rick.
"Um..I guess...okay..you have fun" Jeremy uttered and left the room avoiding eye contact with both his sisters .
Confused with his behavior Evelyn asked "What happened to him?"

Smiling fondly at her sister Elena adjusted her bangs affectationately
"Oh forget about him. Come on Hurry up! Don't make Rick wait up"
She said while pushing her sister out of the house.

___________________________________________

Evelyn was currently sitting under a tree waiting for Rick. It's been one hour since their meeting time and he still hadn't showed up. She tried calling him but every time she called he hasn't answered.

She was loosing hope that Rick will show up. She felt her heart broken . Rick was a good guy and he was also a good friend to her for so long, so why did he blow her off like that was something she can't understand.

___________________________________________

(1 hour before)

He was whistling to himself looking in the mirror. He couldn't believe that he was finally gonna meet with her.He was happy .

He was happy