Farewell

"Elena did you find-----Mother Nature Caroline what happened?"

So, Evelyn finally calmed down Vicki and told her to go home. But when she arrived where she last saw Elena, her sister was nowhere to be found. So she started searching Elena only for her to be standing in the garden consoling a crying and shaking Caroline in her arms.

Hearing a concerned voice, Caroline looked up at Evelyn. Seeing the concern in her eyes, she instantly released herself from Elena's arms and latched on Evelyn's.

Rubbing some soothing circles on her back, from her shoulders Evelyn looked at Elena in question. In answer Lena mouthed 'Later'. Nodding at her Evelyn looked at the poor girl.

"I got you honey. Don't cry. Let's get you home." Evelyn softly guided the crying girl to their car.

During the whole trip, no one uttered a single word. All were aloof in their thoughts. Caroline had significantly calmed down and was now looking out of the window. Her hands gripping tightly on Evelyn's.

Elena was driving in the front but her mind was somewhere else.

They reached Caroline's house after few minutes. When her mother saw her tear stricken face, she immediately fretted over her.

But Evelyn handled the situation with ease. And told Caroline's mother a very believable excuse which she thankfully bought.

Settling her in her bed. Evelyn and Elena said their goodbyes to Miss Forbes and left for their home.

●◇●◇●◇●◇●◇●◇●◇●◇●◇●◇●◇▪︎◇

"Alright, what happened Eli?"

"I- um-"

"I've never seen Caroline cry like that."

"Evy I really don't know. I would've asked her but you know what state she was in right?"

Nodding in reply, Evelyn sighed deeply.

"Hey um how did your talk with Stefan go?"

Elena sighed and sat next to her on the bed dipping the mattress of the bed slightly.