| 8 |

"What do you want to talk about?"
I raised my eyebrow at him.
"About our life?" He said.
I thought about it for a few seconds and then nodded.
"Let's sit first"
We sat on the grass next to each other. He held Simba in his arms. I felt betrayed watching at simba, she for sure betrayed me.

"What do you work?" He asked, eyes fixed at the sky.
"I finished the course in Art two months ago, I am planning to build up my own business"
"Sounds nice, I love art too". He gave me his signature boxy smile. I reciprocated with a genuine smile.

"What do you do?"
"I am the director of Kim's company"
"Woah! Really?"
Director is one of the highly paid job in South Korea. Kim's company was started by his grandfather and the most successful company so far.

"Why are you so shocked?" He looked at me irritated because I couldn't believe him.
"Are you the same person? You aren't my taetae! Come on"
I started shaking him holding his arms. He held my hands, stopping me and whispered something.

"Taetae, you remember it". Yes, pabo I do. How can I forget a nickname that I gave you when we were little.

"Uh I umm I think mom needs me-"
I made an excuse because his gaze was making the frogs jump in my stomach.

"Shut up dumpling, nobody called you"
I froze when he called me dumpling. Yes, I was chubby as a child but what's the need to call now? Idiot.

"Not that" I glared at him. He chuckled and sat in a comfortable position.
"Was life difficult for you after I was gone?"
He asked and I sat back again sighing.
"It's not like you were a guardian angel for me anyways"
"Learn to give straight answers pabo"

"Fine fine". I giggled and nudged him.
I continued talking "Not really but thanks to everyone in my family, they are the only reason for my smile today"

I pursed my lips together, trying hard not to get emotional thinking about how miserable life played with me after my dad was gone.
"Y/N?"
I hummed in response because I knew if I spoke anything my voice would crack.
"You are fine now right?"
He made me look at him. I couldn't answer him back. 𝘠𝘦𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘩𝘺𝘱𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘻𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴

I clenched the hem of my outfit in nervousness. I nodded slowly and smiled. Nobody has ever asked me how I was unless I fell sick.

"Are 𝘺𝘰𝘶 fine?" I asked
"I am always fine duh"
He again fixed his gaze at the sky
"Liar", I said.

Neither of us spoke anything for awhile. It was all silent and suddenly we heard some whisperings. I turned around to look and I saw a pastel pink colour outfit behind the tree.
"I don't want to marry you"

I spoke out of a sudden making taehyung widen his eyes. I signalled him that someone was behind the tree listening to us and he nodded.

"Yes it's better for us", he played along. "Should we go and tell them now?"

"Sure, let's go", I said before standing up and dusting my clothes a bit. He let Simba down out of his arms and she slept on the grass.

We were exiting the backyard when the whisperings got more clearer.
"Oh my god! They are rejecting this marriage. This can't be" saanvi said. I got a nice view of them, they didn't notice we both were already there and they were caught red-handed. Me and taehyung walked behind them and they were still speaking.

Aadi felt a presence behind him and he looked at us, his mouth half-opened in shock.
"G-g-guys", he called the others but seems like they didn't want to stop.
He suddenly yelled at them, making them startled and look at him. Just then, they noticed us standing folding our arms.

"Where you guys eavesdropping our conversation?" Taehyung spoke in his usual husky voice in a cold tone.

"U-uh jeeju no no you are mis understanding us y-yeah", she scratched the back of her head, stuttering. I rolled my eyes at them. There was saanvi, jungkook, aadi and arya.

"I am going to tell this to grandma, wait", I said and turned around to walk away with an arrogant look plastered on my face. Y/N this is a nice chance to trap them.

"Don't.." I looked at taehyung who stopped me from going. "What's your problem? I will tell grandma about it---"

He sighed "Don't create a scene you dumbass". What the-- dumbass!? Who does he think he is?

"You are a dumbass!! Not me!" I started rapping in Jin's speed and others except taehyung slowly escaped from there.

"Shhhh" He kept his index finger on my lips shushing me.
I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks.
Freak! Why does he like to shush me all the time and why is he looking me in that way?
𝘋𝘢𝘮𝘯, 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘰𝘳𝘣𝘴.
Hold on, is he trying to dominate?

I quickly jerked his finger away and when I was about to start my Jin's rap again, someone interupted us.

"Y/N! Taehyung! Come to the living room. The elders want to discuss something with you both", sia spoke.

She stood at a distance and secretly winked at me making me give her a tight fake smile for which she chuckled.

I moved my gaze to taehyung who was already staring at me.
"I am not done yet, I will see you later", I stormed away from there, earning a laugh from him.

~•~

𝗧𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴! 𝗜 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲 <𝟯
𝗦𝘁𝗮𝘆 𝘁𝘂𝗻𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗻.

- 𝗔𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿 𝗰𝗼𝗰𝗼