| 16 |

I woke up to the sunrise hitting my face making me flicker my eyes open. Adjusting my eyes to the surrounding light, I found myself in my bed next to mom. Yes...I asked her if I could sleep next to her last night to which she agreed.

Irene's husband Minho attended the wedding yesterday and it was a blast since he is a bubbly and funny guy who makes people around him comfortable. I didn't hear a lot about him from Irene but even the little things I heard where all so true.

Mom was still sleeping so not disturbing her sleep, I decided to shower and wear some kurta before heading out.

Today, I had a meeting with my friend's sister who had done masters in art. She promised me to get me a good job in her company in Seoul to which I will always be thankful for. But before that, she wanted to meet me and discuss a few things.

Obviously some formalities needed to be done, she had to see my potential and dedication in the work. I planned on working under her for a few months and then starting up something of my own. Since I was going to stay with taehyung in Seoul after my marriage, it will be of a benifit to me if I was selected in this company before I actually move to Seoul. This sounds unbelievable for me. Moving to a whole different country traumatizes me but it's a relief taehyung would be there with me.

Taking a quick shower, I wore a yellow kurta and my sight fell on the engagement ring. I caressed it slowly with a smile when I remembered how we shared so many memories since his arrival.

This man has driven me crazy and I'm there for it.

Walking downstairs to the kitchen, I saw chachi and dadi's friend who I call her chote-dadi were to be seen.

"Good morning", I greeted both of them with a grin while they greeted me back. "You woke up quite early huh?", chachi raised her eyebrow at me, surprised.

"Yeah it just seemed to happen", letting out a chuckle I started helping her in making chapatti. "Chote dadi you should go take a seat. I will serve you", I said politely as I didn't like the fact that she was helping us even though she is a guest.

"No my dear, let me help you. I am tired of sitting in one place with your chote dadu who makes lame jokes", she said letting out a laugh making us laugh too.

"Aww come on. I bet his jokes are the best", I said in a friendly way to which she wiped her fake sweat from her forehead speaking "I have no strength to listen to his jokes anymore. I will ask him to share a few with you"

"I would love to listen", I said and just like that the atmosphere was filled with joy. I felt happy that they didn't feel uncomfortable in our hometown.

.
.
The dining room was filled with laughter and talks, as usual my seat was beside taehyung. "Well, we have planned something for you guys", mom spoke making us frown. "Woh kya hai taayi?", saanvi asked.

(What is it aunt?)

"You all are going on a trip to Kerala next week", mom answered while the youngsters shouted in excitement. "Maa sach mein? Aap prank toh nahi kar Rahi?", aadi asked hoping it was the truth.

(Really maa? You aren't pulling a prank on us right?)

"I'm not pranking you beta", she smiled at him. "Hold on. What do you mean by 'you all' " I asked surprised because she didn't mention herself or the elders.

"We aren't coming with you guys, let this be a youngsters trip", chachu said letting out a chuckle.

So we are going to have fun and let them stay here? This isn't fair. Why can't they come with us?

"Lekin, hame aap sab ke bina nahi jaana kahi bhi. Aap log bhi chale na, maza aayega please", I insisted, secretly wishing he would agree to it.

(But I don't want to go anywhere without you all. Please come with us it will be fun)

Dadi sighed as she shook her head at my antics. "Y/N we have no strength to wander around places anymore. You guys are young and you need to enjoy your lives to the fullest okay? Your mom, Yun-hi (aunt) and everyone of us have business to take care of hmm?"

I nodded slightly in disappointment and didn't argue further because I knew there was no chance they would come. We rarely went on family trips and it was acceptable if we all weren't together on a trip.

I dug into my food silently while I heard about the trip, where we were going to stay and how we would travel. "It's okay....we can still have fun Jaan"

Taehyung whispered making me look at him with widened eyes. Jaan!?!? What in the world did he just call me? That was just a delusion Y/N. Calm your damn heart down. A red tint made it's way to my cheeks and once again .....he succeeded in making me blush. I managed to pass him a smile while he reciprocated.

.
.
It was currently 3:30 pm and I was on my way to the café nearby to meet my friend's sister, kriti. All the way from home to the café I wished for me to get into her company. Taehyung wanted to drop me off but I didn't want to disturb him and I would definitely get scolded by mom if I did so. She would brag about it saying I made her soon to be son-in-law work. Typical Asian parents. She always takes his side even though I'm her daughter T-T

Still, taehyung said he will come to pick me up in the evening from the café. I didn't deny it though.

Entering the café, I saw kriti waiting for me at the corner table. She waved at me as she smiled and I did the same. "Hey Y/N. It's been a long time since we met"

"Indeed. Now that we are here, we can talk endlessly", we laughed it out and started discussing everything. After 2 and half hours, we were finally done with the not-so boring business talk.

She seemed really impressed by how restless I was to get into the company and dedicated towards the work. "I would love to have you in my company, Y/N. You are really talented and I hope you look forward to our company"
.
.
Standing at the exit of the café, I waited for taehyung to arrive. He was taking longer than usual so I decided to call him. On 4 rings, he picked the call up.

Me: "Yah! Kaha ho aap?"

(Yah! Where are you?)

Taehyung: "Right side of you"

Huh? I looked at my right and there he was waving at me from the driver seat. This idiot.

I jogged towards him with a poker face. "Why did you take so long? I thought you slept"

"Get in", he chuckled as I got in the passenger seat. "I stopped by a shop to get something"

I frowned in confusion. "What was so important than picking me up?"

"This", he extended his hand that had gajra. "Hamare liye?", I asked with a grin plastered on my face. "Aur kiske liye? Turn around" I did as he said and he tugged the gajra in my hair.

(For me?)
(Then for whom?)

I could see his reflection on the car's window. His eyes were so focused while he was putting the gajra making me smile at him. He is cute.

Wait- what?

He backed off after he finished it "Don't move", I did as he said and stayed in the same position. Taking out the phone from his pocket, he clicked a picture of my bun that had the beautiful scented gajra around it.

 Taking out the phone from his pocket, he clicked a picture of my bun that had the beautiful scented gajra around it

(The look)

"You look ethereal jaan"

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~