Chapter 8: A New Warrior

(Kyojuro's point of view)
After coming into the mansion's garden, I saw Obanai & Mitsuri chatting while sitting next to each other. "Kanroji! Iguro!", I cheerfully said and they looked at me as I walked over. "Hello, Rengoku.", he replied. "Do you know why the master called us here?", she asked as I sat down beside them. "No. I'd ask Uzui if I could, but he isn't here at the moment.", I replied. "I'm sure he'll be here soon.", Sabito said as he, Makomo and Giyu walked over and sat down. Within five minutes, Kanae, Shinobu, Gyomei, Sanemi, Masachika, Yuichiro & Muichiro also sat down. "Only thirteen of us are here.", Kanae said. "The mansion's master has arrived.", two of the master's children said and we looked forward as they slid open the front door for him. "Hello, my children.", he said as he came out of the mansion. "I see you brought her like I asked you to.", he said as Teagen walked over to us with a teen girl whose dark red hair had been done into a long braid at the bottom of which there was a sun themed ribbon wrapped around the hair. "Good lords, she is beautiful!", I thought. "Master, who is this?", the twins asked as the teen sat on her knees facing us with a sheathed sword on her lap. "My children, meet Rana Kamado.", the master replied. "Last week, I sent Tengen to locate the Kamado family so he could defend them, but when he got there, Kibutsuji was gone and the blood on the snow meant Rana and her siblings put up quite the fight.", he said. "Rana.", the master said and she turned to him. "Yes?", Rana asked. "You and your siblings were brave.", he praised before the four went inside, after which we stood up and left to return to our respective homes.