2: The Madness

"Yes."

Indigo eyes flashed with something indecipherable as they connected with the lilac orbs of the girl on the large bed.

The voice of the girl was raspy with disuse, but he could still hear the sweetness in her tone even if obscured by the raspiness.

The first ever word and it was "Yes." Something he never thought that he would ever hear from her, his sister...wife.

He reached out a hand to touch her face, ignoring his watchful mother and that old cunt named Measter Pycelle. And not to forget, the three Kingsguard who are supposed to protect them. Nor the servants who stood around awkwardly, not knowing what to do.

"Are you sure?"

He didn't know why he asked that, but he believed that he needed a second reassurance before he can even begin to accept her words...uh...word.

She hesitated a split second, her lips parting as if she wanted to say something else other than confirming that, yes, she is sure.

But she didn't say anything else but "Yes" in that raspy voice, her hand going to
her throat as if to belie her words, of which he had an inkling is in fact true, that she wasn't well and that "Yes" was only said to placate himself and their mother.

He wouldn't berate her for it now, however, as he never had been unkind to her and his mother used to say that if you wanted to argue with your spouse, do it behind closed doors. Thus, he would be having a word or two with his sister....wife later when they are alone.

"You," he said to the nearest servant," please get the princess some water."

The servant bowed low and scuttled quickly towards the water jug and the goblet.

For a mere moment, he wanted to throw that water jug out because of how, after his ....wife had drank from its contents and then collapsed after.

It worried him that there might be poison or something in that jug that might've caused Caelyra to turn into a screaming mess on his bedroom floor.

Yet, he didn't throw the jug out and watched as his....sister drank water from the goblet, waiting to see if it had any affect this time.

He watched and waited and watched and waited some more, but nothing happened and he accepted that nothing was going to happen when Caelyra gave the goblet back to the servant before falling back against the pillows of the bed, her eyes closing for a brief few moments before it opened and she spoke once again, slowly, haltingly, asking the Maester for something that would sooth her headache.

A headache he didn't know she had. A headache she didn't mention when she said "Yes" earlier.

He frowned, but kept his mouth shut as the Maester gave her a mild pain soother, something that wasn't milk of poppy. Something that didn't, from his perspective, truly helped her as she kept rubbing her temples, her eyes closing again.

His mother stood then, as the Maester began gathering his things to leave. She waited until he was out of the door before looking at Rhaegar, questions swimming in her eyes.

He didn't know what to tell her because he only know what had happened as they had started back to the bed after Caelyra had drank water.

His frown deepened ad he remembered how quickly Arthur Dayne and Oswell Whent had come rushing through the door, their weapons drawn, only to find him trying to help his sister.....wife.

It had been the first ever time that they had come when someone of the royal family had screamed....uh...cried out.

They usually didn't enter a room like they had because of his father's tendency to hurt his mother, raping her every fucking chance he got, just because he could as he is King and no one had the authority but him.