Chapter 2: Trainer Sakonji Urokodaki

TW: Blood and Death Bodies

Pierce had found a small cave for the two to hide and hoped they didn’t run into any demons. Once Noi had woken up and saw the sun was coming up, he panicked and went to the far back of the cave which caught Pierce by surprise from the sudden reaction.

Pierce’s mind: “Why is he so afraid of the sun?”

Pierce: “Noi, are you okay?”

Noi: “Mhm!”

He shook his head. Pierce tried to figure out why he’s acting like that.

Pierce’s mind: “I guess demons can’t be in the sun?” “I mean Mr. Saburo did say that demons roam around the night.”

Pierce: “Do you want to avoid the sun?”

Noi nodded his head and continued to stay in the far back of the cave.

Pierce’s mind: “So I was right.” “But what should I do?” “I want to keep moving but Noi can’t be in the sun.”

He got up and headed out of the cave.

Pierce: “I’ll be back, I just need a way to carry you without letting the sun touch you.”

Noi nodded, and he then left the cave. As he was walking around he was trying to find a way to carry Noi during the day.

Pierce’s mind: “What should I do?”

He then noticed an old basket with a blanket and thought maybe he could use that.

Pierce’s mind: “I could use that to carry him.” “But it looks a bit old, maybe I could ask if I could have some straw and bamboo to fix it?”

He walked up to the people working on the field.

Pierce: “Excuse me, but may I take that basket with the blanket and some straw and bamboo?”

Farmer: “Huh?” “I mean sure but the basket has some holes in it.”

Pierce: “Thanks, I’ll be sure to pay.”

Farmer: “It’s fine just take it, you also have the straw and bamboo for free too.”

Pierce: “Please I insist!”

Farmer: “It’s fine, you’re stubborn!”

Pierce forcely handed the farmer the money.

Pierce: “Please just accept this even if it’s just a small amount!”

He grabbed the items he needed while the farmer yelled in pain.

Pierce: “Thank you very much!”

He ran back to the cave and called out to Noi.

Pierce: “Noi.” “Noi?”

He looked in the cave and noticed that Noi was gone.

Pierce’s mind: “He’s gone?!”

Noi: “Mhm?”

Noi popped his head out from a hole he had dug. Pierce sighed in relief.

Pierce: “There you are.”

Pierce’s mind: “He dug a hole?” “I guess he really wanted to avoid the sun since he looked upset.”

Pierce: “Just hold on a minute okay?”

He started to cut the bamboo with his hatchet and used it with the straw to fix the basket. Once he was done he went up to Noi, who was still in the hole.

Pierce: “Noi, can you fit in here?”

Noi: “Hm?”

Noi seems a bit confused.