Chapter 3: Sabito and Makomo

(I'm making Sabito and Makomo a bit older in here because Pierce is in his late 20's)

Pierce was sitting in front of a little desk writing in a journal, and once he was done, Urokodaki called him over.

Urokodaki: "Come on."

Pierce got up, and before leaving the room, he looked back at Noi, still sleeping. Urokodaki and Pierce stood in front of the house, and Urokodaki told him about the Demon Slayer Corps.

Urokodaki: "The Demon Slayer Corps with hundreds of members is an organization that isn't recognized by the government."

Pierce: "How long have they been around for?"

Urokodaki: "It has existed since ancient times dedicated to hunting demons to this day." "However, whoever leads the Demon Slayer Corps remains shrouded in mystery."

Pierce: "Mr. Urokodaki, can you explain to me more about demons?"

Urokodaki: "As you know, they mainly prey on human beings by killing and devouring them." "We don't know when or where they will appear."

Pierce: "So how do you kill a demon once they appear?"

Urokodaki: "Only sunlight or blades with special powers to behead them can kill them." "The Demon Slayer Corps confronts demons in flesh and blood." "As they are humans, they heal slowly from their injuries and cannot restore their severed limbs." "Yet they still fight against demons for the sake of humanity."

Pierce: "So what do I have to do to join the corps?"

Urokodaki: "You must take part in the Final Selection, which is held at Fujikasane Mountain." "Whether you'll join the Final Selection or not, that's up to me."

He then started to head up Mt. Sagiri and signal Pierce to follow.

Urokodaki: "I'm your trainer." "As I told you before, I train swordsmen."

Pierce: "Are there other trainers?"

Urokodaki nodded.

Urokodaki: "There are plenty of trainers out there." "In their respective regions, they train swordsmen in their own respective ways."

Once they reached the top, Urokodaki looked at Pierce.

Urokodaki: "Now let's start your training, start by running down the mountain again and avoid the traps."

Pierce: "Got it!"

He then started to run down the mountain. He was able to avoid most of them but still got stuck in a few. He went down multiple times after Urokodaki reset the traps. Soon, the sun started to set, and Urokodaki told Pierce that it's time to call it a day.

Urokodaki: "That's enough for today, let's head back down."

Pierce nodded while he was trying to catch his breath, when they got back to the house, Pierce went to his and Noi's room and sat down by his desk and started to write in his journal.

Pierce's mind: "In order to save Noi, I'll be keeping a journal with everything I'm going to learn."

He looked behind him and looked at Noi, still asleep.

Pierce: "If I don't want to die at the Final Selection, I need to work hard."

As time went by, he had been training himself by running downhill over and over every day. He began getting better and better at dodging traps and pitfalls, as well as improving his physical strength, and even his sense of smell had become keener than before so he's able to tell apart different kinds of scents. But soon, the traps became harder and harder every time he improved. He barely dodged when knives flew at him and stopped himself from falling into a pitfall full of sharp blades.