Chapter 6: A Swordsmen Accompanying a Demon

TW: Kidnapping and Violence

Pierce changed into his Corps uniform, and on the back of the shirt; it had the kanji for “Destroy”, he then put on a blue haori along with his orange scarf. Once he was done, Urokodaki explained to him about the Demon Slayer Corps’ uniform.

Urokodaki: “Pierce.” “Before you begin with the mission for the Demon Slayer Corps, I have a few things to clarify.”

Pierce: “Alright.”

Urokodaki: “The Demon Slayer Corps’ uniform you are wearing is made from a special fiber.” “Exceptional permeability.” “It doesn't get wet or catch fire easily.” “Normal demon’s claws and teeth won’t be able to rend this uniform.”

Pierce looked at his uniform in amazement.

Pierce: “It’s that strong?”

Urokodaki then explained a bit more about Pierce’s katana.

Urokodaki: “Also, the Nichirin blade you own will change its color depending on the owner.” “Every color has its own characteristics.” “However, black swords are too rare.” “I don’t understand its specialty.” “Because I really don’t understand…”

He stopped, and then Pierce questioned about his katana.

Pierce: “If that’s the case, is there a problem, Master Urokodaki?”

Urokodaki: “I really don’t understand.” “I heard only talented swordsmen who aren’t appreciated use black swords.”

Pierce tried to sound positive about how he's going to do in the Demon Slayer Corps.

Pierce: “I don’t know what I can achieve in the Demon Slayer Corps, but I’ll turn Noi back into a human.”

He looked at the slightly open door to see Noi, who had the blanket over him.

Urokodaki: “You’re right.” “I believe you can achieve it.”

Pierce: “Right.”

Urokodaki: “Other than that, this thing.”

He then presented a wooden box for Pierce to use to carry Noi during the day.

Urokodaki: “It’s a box for you to carry your husband during the day.” “It was made of Mist Cloud Fir, a very light wood.” “The exterior is hard because of the rock lacquer coating.” “It’s strong and durable.”

Pierce smiled and thanked him.

Pierce: “Thank you very much.”

He grabbed the box and was surprised that it really was very light.

Pierce: “It’s so light!” “This is really light, Master Urokodaki!”

He then got up and went into the room and placed the box down, and opened it in front of Noi.

Pierce: “Noi, you can be in here alright.” “Can you do that?”

Noi hesitated at first as he went further back into the blanket. But soon shrunk himself as he went into the box, Pierce smiled as he spoke.

Pierce: “Don’t worry, Noi, we’ll always be together no matter what.”

He closed the box and put it on; then he and Urokodaki were outside.

Pierce: “We’ll get going then.”

Urokodaki: “Hold on a second.”

He fixed the strap on the box and Pierce’s uniform before patting his shoulders and giving him a nod, Pierce nodded back before giving him a wave goodbye and leaving for his mission. As he was walking, he wanted to check if Noi was doing alright in the box.