Chapter 7: Muzan Kibutsuji

Noi raised his leg up to strike the demon, but the demon quickly dodged it, his attack leaving a foot mark in the cracked ground. He was about to go after the demon, but Pierce called out to him.

Pierce: “Noi!” “Stop chasing him, come back here.” “Please.”

Noi turned away and began running back towards Pierce when the black liquid came up and one of the demons came out to attack Noi. Pierce yelled out in fear.

Pierce: “Noi!”

But to his surprise, Noi was able to skillfully dodge the attack and came up towards Pierce.

Pierce’s mind: “That’s right, he’s a demon now.” “He’s definitely not weak to be needed, my protection.” “Is it okay to rely on him?” “If he can protect them for me, I can focus on attacking.”

Then, the black liquid appeared underneath Pierce. He then came up with a plan.

Pierce: “Noi, I’m going down.” “You take good care of them.” “I know you can do it.”

Noi nodded as Pierce went under. As he looked around, he believed he was in some sort of swamp.

Pierce’s mind: “I’m in a swamp.”

He then saw all the clothes and other items that belonged to the girls the demon had taken and ate.

Pierce’s mind: “These are…” “The clothes and belongings of those being taken away?”

He was getting mad at the demon for taking the innocent lives of those girls.

Pierce’s mind: “They have claimed so many innocent lives.” “It’s unforgivable.” “Truly unforgivable!”

As he sank down, two of the split demons were watching him, thinking they had advanced.

One-Horned Demon: “Isn’t it suffocating, brat?” “There’s almost no air in this swam,  and you must be feeling heavy surrounded in its darkness.” You’re not as nimble as you are on land.” “Serves you right, it’s stupid enough for you to jump in so recklessly.”

But Pierce didn’t show any signs that he was having any trouble breathing, all thanks to his training.

Pierce’s mind: “Don’t underestimate me.” “Where do you think I trained for this?” “The air in Mt. Sagiri is much thinner than here.” “Besides…” “Water Breathing can work the best underwater.”

The two demons started to speed through the swamp to get close to Pierce to attack him, but Pierce had a way to defeat the two with just one attack.

Pierce’s mind: “They can move at angles like this in the swamp?” “But that doesn’t matter.” “I can only attack them with my blade when they come near.” “It’s a move that I can use even when I don’t have a footing.”

As the demons were closing in on him, Pierce got ready to attack when the moment was ready.

Pierce’s mind: “By fiercely twisting my upper and lower body, I’ll create a massive whirlpool.”

The demons were about to attack when Pierce saw the opening thread and struck.

Pierce’s mind: “Total Concentration Breathing.” “Water Breathing!” “Sixth Form.”

He swung his katana, and it felt like a massive whirlpool was formed and cut up the two demons into pieces.

Pierce’s mind: “Whirlpool!”

Once the bodies disintegrated, he then saw a piece of one of the demon’s clothing and grabbed it. He looked at it, but then he felt that he was about to run out of air, and so he quickly needed to get out.