~ why is love so confusing?🌶️~

Ruby's perspective

I find the girls chatting up some guys near the front door.

"Ruby! Omg, guess what," she pauses, spinning some poor guy around to face me, "Meet Finn! He's also a psychologist!" She beams at me like I'm supposed to burst with excitement.

"Hi, I'm Ruby, what clinic do you work at?"

"Nice to meet you Ruby, I work at the one just down the road,"

"Oh, very nice, I've referred a few of my clients to your facilities for diagnosis,"

"Oh! Ruby Winter? Is that it?"

I give him a shy smile. "That's me,"

"Wow! What an honour, I've heard great things about your practices, especially cracking the Woods case!"

I let out a nervous giggle. "I didn't... crack it, just got good information,"

"They said he wouldn't open up to anyone else, so clearly you did a great job,"

His smile is contagious. "Thanks, that's really nice of you to say,"

"Hey, go get a room you psych nerds," Tia butts in.

We both laugh as he takes my hand, pulling us further into the house.

He sways us to the beat of the deafening music, his hands travelling the length of my body. One of his hands rests at my hip, the other grabs my ass playfully.

He tugs me harder against him leaving no room for Jesus as he grinds on my ass.

A memory of Ethan's hands on my thigh as his boner pressed against my ass flashes into my mind and I almost jump.

I fling around and smack my lips against his. It only takes a moment for him to relax into the kiss, running his tongue along my teeth and nibbling on my lips.

His mouth isn't as warm as Ethan's.

His mouth is slimy and gross.

My stomach twists before I lightly push him off of me.

"I'm sorry," I whisper before stepping back, but before I can escape he latches onto my arm.

"What? Come on, let's just have some fun,"

I groan. "I- I'm sorry I just... not right now," I cringe at my words, knowing how strange I must seem, but continue backing up.

I scan the rooms in search of my friends but they're nowhere to be seen. I groan and run a hand through my hair before leaving the party and waiting outside for an Uber.

Tears swell in my eyes as I internally beat myself up over thinking about Ethan while with that guy. I'm acting like a dumb teenager in love and I need to get him out of my head.

In love?

I don't love Ethan, do I?

He's my patient and a killer at that, I can't love Ethan.

"Fuck why is love so confusing?" I whisper into the night.

Once I get home I flick the TV on and let it play the random news channel for white noise.

I flop onto the sofa and let it envelop me while I stare blankly at the ceiling.

The feeling of Ethan's lips on mine still lingers from last week, his hands still fresh on my skin and his breath still warm on my neck.

My pulse quickens as I remember his hand sliding down my waist to my hips as he pulls me harder against him, I remember the hot look on his face as he ground on my hand, his sexy moans filling my ears as he came into my palm.

Shivers run throughout my body and slowly, I reach down to my pulsing pussy.

My body missed his warm embrace after only a few days and I ached for him. I slip my hand in my panties and start playing myself at a torturous pace just like he would've.

I wrap my other hand around my neck, wishing it were his as I apply pressure.

I can basically smell him at this point, the scent of his cologne overpowering the slight tint of his coconut shampoo from his daily showers.

I quicken my pace, feeling it in my whole body as I press harder. Shivers run through me as I remember the feeling of his dick filling me up and ruining me.

I wish so badly that he could be here right now, touching me everywhere exactly how I like it. It was like he could read my mind, and know exactly how to tease me in the best ways.

Gasps stumble out of my mouth as my head rolls back slightly, pleasuring and making my brain go fuzzy.

I imagine him walking in at this moment and spreading my legs before devouring me.

Oh God, the feeling of his tongue on my clit...

Moans erupt out of me uncontrollably as I'm brought back to the night he fucked my face, the feeling of being stuffed and knowing how mad I drove him.

I scream his name from both pleasure as my climax rips through me and shock...

Ethan's photo flashes onto the TV screen with the following words:

"Escaped prisoner."