~ Costa Rica ~

Ruby's perspective

My bags slap onto the bed, bouncing a bit from the force. "Fuck, those were heavy," I groan while rubbing my neck.

"Sorry baby, should I give you a massage?" Ethan walks over, his hands running from my shoulder to my hands. I turn my head slightly, our faces inches apart. His breath tickles my cheek as he giggles, a pearly smile spreading across his face.

I sigh as my muscles ease in his arms. "I'm okay," I whisper. Reluctantly I lean forward, unzipping my bag and admiring the boxes of dyes and makeup. "Is this really necessary?" I ask James.

"Yes! You both are all over the internet labelled as wanted criminals, do you really want to casually walk into the airport looking like... you?"

I frown. "I guess that's fair." I take out a box of red and black dye, plus the makeup bag. "I'll help Ethan get ready."

I grab his wrist and tug him into the bathroom, locking the door behind us. My hands trail his torso, sliding up his shirt and removing it from the equation. I glide over his belt, unbuckling it and watching his jeans fall to the floor. I stripe myself, taking my blonde curls out from the messy bun I had it in. 

"Ready?" I ask, taking the shaver in my hand. He nods and I gently push it to his skull. I watch as his dark strands fall to the floor until there's only a short bit left.

"Do I look good with a buzz cut?"

I look at him for a moment, taking in this new look. His jaw seems more obvious, more defined than before. Without his messy hair all I can focus on his face and his beaming golden eyes.

"Ethan, you look good with anything," I giggle, "It's unfair,"

He cups my face as he leans down, he kisses my cheek, pausing right in front of my lips. "You're more beautiful than me, you're the prettiest girl I've ever seen,"

I can't help but smile at his words. I take a pair of scissors and start trimming my hair, then I grab a box of dye. "I'm definitely not going red," I say turning to him. He rubs the back of his neck with a sigh and I start pumping the dye onto a gloved hand. I massage the red into his scalp and use the black on myself.

Steam fills the room as he washes himself off, and I stare at my new self in the mirror. 

The black matches my tanned skin, but feels totally different from my usually bright blonde hair. I raise my hand to my cheek, brushing my soft skin. I look older, more serious.

"I've changed so much since I met you," I mumble partly to myself.

"What was that?" Ethan calls out.

"Nothing!" I yell back, "coming in now,"

James and Ethan grumble over technical plans about how we'll survive the airport.

"It's literally just an airport," I groan.

"Yeah, but our ID's! Passports! Getting caught! Literally everything could go wrong!" James yells.

"James, you've made hundreds of passports which have made it through security, you said so yourself,"

"But-"

"James. We'll be fine." I stand, strolling over to the mirror and add my brown contacts. "We're going to do this."

And so, we do.

My heels click as I stride down the hallway, luggage in hand. "Luca, darling, carry the bags for us, hm?" I say in a posh accent. James shuffles up beside me and takes the bags.

"Love?" Ethan walks next to me, back straight and wearing a black tux. He looks ridiculous with his copper hair slicked back, tattoos covered and eyes a deep brown.

"Yes, my beautiful Ingram?" He says with a smile.

"Are you ready?"

We all nod. Checking in the bags was easy enough, but when it comes to security everyone stiffs up. The guards let us pass and don't seem too fussed with passports, so we head over to the seating and wait for the plane.

My eyes scan the area until I land on a man walking through the front doors. He's wearing all black and carries a duffle bag. "Hey guys-"

A piercing sound rips through the air as bullets go flying. I scream before an arm shoves me to the ground. I watch in horror as red flies everyone as guards drop one by one.

"E- Ethan," I stutter, "wha-" Before I can finish Ethan shoots forward, running between chairs, tables and people as cover. His eyes have glazed over with a murderous look as he approaches the gunner.

James glares in their direction as he says, "Ruby, you probably don't want to look." 

But my eyes stay glued to Ethan as he fists the mans throat, chucking his limp figure to the floor. The next man in black comes forward with a knife, Ethan twists his arm, knocking the knife from his grasp and into his own as he stabs him over and over. The man spits up blood, coating his front as he slugs down to Ethan's feet.

My eyes go wide as Ethan turns his head slowly, his eyes locking onto mine. His pearly white teeth beam at me as he stands, covered in blood, in the middle of a graveyard.

He hums a soft melody as he skips back over to us, hopping over the bodies on his way.

He looks like a little boy.

~~~~~~~

I'm literally so sorry this chapter sucks lol, I'm half asleep