chapter six: close friend

Waking up was difficult. That is until I remembered it was moving day. I jumped out of bed, waking Lily up in the process. "Lilyyyyyyy!" I shouted. "It's moving day!!!!" I was unbelievably excited for this new chapter of my life. I headed to the bathroom and took a quick shower. While I was drying off, I packed away everything from inside my shower. Brushed my teeth, and did my skincare and packed all that stuff away too.

I got dressed, putting on a white tee, and some shorts. In retrospect, they were probably too short for all the moving I'd be doing, but it's all I left out for me to wear. I put all the bedding from my bed in my dirty laundry basket.

It was currently 8:45am. Lily and I left to go get a U-Haul, which a 10' truck was going to be more than enough room to fit all my belongings. We listened to different metal bands on the way there, since it was Lily's favorite music genre, opposed to her appearance.

We arrived and easily rented out the truck, which I had to drive since it was rented under my license. Once we were back home we got started, moving the smaller boxes and items first. Not long after, Matt arrived and thank god he did because these stairs and boxes were doing a number on my thighs.

We shared our hello's and got straight to work, and after an hour we were all done. Matt and Lily helped me finish cleaning up the space, making sure everything looked as good as it could.

They waited in Matt's car while I had my sad little goodbye, to my small little apartment. I cried a few tears, remembering all the memories made here. But alas, it was time for new memories.

Matt drove ahead and lead the way to the house, so I didn't have to use my GPS. Gratefully so because I don't know what I would have done if I had to drive this big ass truck while trying to find where I'm going.

Once we arrived at the house, I asked Matt to back up the truck closer to the door because I didn't trust my backing up skills in something so big (hehe (; oops). He did so with ease, show off for real.

Slowly but surely, everything was finding its way inside. Mr. Sebastian even found the time to come and help me when Matt had to take Lily back to get her car since she was asked to come in for a shift, which I understood. Mr. Sebastian carried up all the heavy stuff without asking for any help which was impressive because for me that shit would've been impossible.

"Thank you for helping, sir. You really didn't have to, but I appreciate it." I told him with sincerity.

He nodded at me, "it's no problem, I'll consider it my workout for the day." Hot.
He was so hot.

He grabbed another box and made his way to my room. Just this once, I let my eyes linger a little longer. He was also wearing a white muscle tee, and I can see that his tattoos go up even farther than what I saw when he interviewed me. They traveled up both of his arms and onto his chest. He probably had them littered all over his body. He paired that with a pair of black joggers and some slides. He looked so damn good.

Once he was out of eyesight, I grabbed the dirty laundry basket and brought it up to a corner of my room. By the time Matt had gotten back to the house, Mr. Sebastian and I managed to get everything upstairs. Matt offered to follow me to the U-Haul shop to return it, then to drive me back to my apartment to get my car. I accepted his offer without any hesitation, not knowing when he'd be free again to help me out like this.

We made small talk in the car, getting to know one another. Small details, like his childhood school-life, his pets he's had over the years, people he has loved platonically and romantically. I shared parts of my pasts along the same lines. I told him how I had a really good childhood, because of the woman I call mom. I told him about my pets, mainly being cats besides one odd set of years where I wanted a guinea pig. I told him about my bad luck with boyfriends and how they tended to be abusive, whether physically or emotionally. Then wrapped back around to my time in university and how I managed to become a chef at a 5 star restaurant at such a young age.

I can most definitely see this man becoming one of my closest friends. He and I share a lot in common. We both love different types of music, we both dress depending on how we're feeling that day, we both love most foods, but have the strongest hate for bananas. He was cool, and nice, and helpful. I love him already.

'Chill, Maria.' I say to myself in my head. I feel more giggly and chirpy whenever I make a new friend. I'm not sure why, besides the fact that I love having friends. It gives me a sense of worth in my life.

He dropped me off next to my car and said goodbye, knowing I'd see him in less than 30 minutes again.

I stopped at the leasing office on my way out, turning in my key in an envelope, and a letter explaining why things had happened the way they did. I apologized profusely, and thanked them for even letting me stay as long as I did. Then I was off onto my new, most exciting adventure yet.
-
-

Authors note: I have come back to this chapter several times and I'm not sure what to add to make it any better lol. Sorry for it being a tad shorter lovies 🩷