chapter twenty-six: extended leave

The rest of our mini vacation went exactly like that day. Filled with loving, desperate, kinky fucking sex. Accompanied by meals out and about, whether in a restaurant, or the beach. I was in a state of complete bliss, never once thinking about reaching out to anyone.

I finally decided to plug my phone into the charger, and then heading to the shower. Although I loved being covered in his sweat, cum, and spit, I felt grimey, so I desperately needed to scrub it off. I winced every time I scrubbed over one of the hickeys he left on my body, which was pretty much my entire body. He couldn't stop himself from littering my skin of him.

I got out, quickly throwing on a pair of leggings and a sweater. I did my skincare and makeup, finally feeling like a clean woman. I walked into the bedroom, seeing Noah have a look of horror on his face as he looked between me and my phone. "What?" I questioned quickly, unsure of what he could've seen.

"We need to go. Now." He started throwing everything into their suitcases, changing himself quickly. I grabbed my phone of the bed and saw 36 missed calls, and 45 unread texts. "What the fuck?" I whispered to myself.

Most of the missed calls were from my sisters, a couple from my grandma and aunt. I quickly read through the texts, my heart dropping with every new bubble of words.

'Maria, you need to come home. Mom is in the hospital'
'She's okay. She got into a bad accident. She's alive, but she's in a coma.'
'Maria, please respond. We need you here.'

Tears filled my eyes, the air leaving my lungs. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't move. It felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest. It felt like I couldn't even blink. Noah quickly came into my line of vision, his mouth moving, but I couldn't hear him, until he disappeared completely. I couldn't see anything.

Noah's POV:

I walked into the bedroom we shared, hearing Maria's phone constantly buzzing on the nightstand. I chuckled, she hadn't even looked at her phone since we had been here, all of her notifications flooding in once her phone powered back on.

I quickly walk over to her phone, wanting to see what Lily and Matt texted her since it was undoubtedly them.

Boy was I wrong. I hear the bathroom door open, and see her drying her hair as she walked into the bedroom. She questioned me. And I couldn't bring myself to say it.

"We need to go. Now." I hurriedly threw all of our clothes in the suitcases, and taking them out to the car we used. When I walked back in, I saw her standing still from shock. I went up to her, telling her we needed to go. She wasn't listening to me. I waved my hand in front of her face, and then I realized.

She couldn't see me, or hear me anymore. Not even a second later, her body began to fall. I quickly caught her, picking up her phone as well, not worrying about anything that's left. Matt could come and get the rest of our things.

I ran her outside, setting her gently in the passenger seat and buckling her in, before throwing myself into my seat. I didn't care to buckle up until we were on the road.

I found Matt's contact in my recently called list. I quickly hit the dial number, hoping he'd pick up quickly.

"Yes, boss man?"

"Matt, I need you to come to the house we were at and get the rest of our stuff. Tell the company employees I'll be on an extended leave. Maria's mom is in a coma, I'm taking her home right now."

"What the fuck. Is she okay? What happened? And yes I can do that."

"I don't know. We hadn't been on our phones this whole trip. She plugged it in and when I walked in the room it wouldn't stop buzzing. Her mom was in a car accident and her sisters have been trying to reach her all morning."

"Okay. I'm on my way now to get the stuff. Do you need me to book you a flight?"

"Yes, please. I don't even know her home address. Give me a few minutes, I'll call you back."

I quickly hung up, and grabbed her phone from my pocket. I redialed the most recent call she had from her sister, the contact read 'best big sister <3' I smiled at her cuteness in the contact name.

After two rings, a woman's voice rang through my ears.

"Where the hell have you been Maria? Why weren't you answering? I'm so fucking mad at you, you better be coming home right now!"

I coughed loudly, unsure of how to begin. Quickly figuring, it didn't matter how I began.

"Hello. I'm not sure of your name since your contact name is 'best big sister'. I'm Noah Sebastian, Maria's boss. I'm so sorry. We were on a getaway trip and we hadn't been on our phones the last three days. She-she didn't know. I saw the texts, and we're on our way right now. It'll be a few hours, but we'll be there. I need an address though, I have no idea which airport we need to fly into."

"Where is my sister? Why isn't she talking to me?"

I sighed softly, looking over at the beautiful girl sitting in the passenger seat, the woman who stole my heart. "She panicked when she read the texts, she passed out. She's okay, but she's still in a state of shock and sleeping. I need the fucking address if you want your sister there though. Please text it to this phone." She agreed and hung up, seconds later giving me multiple addresses, along with the airport we needed to fly into.

I called Matt, letting him know which airport, and to get us on the soonest flight from where we were to there. No matter how much it costs.

My foot went all the way down on the gas pedal, I needed to get her home. She needs to be with her mom. I know her. She's breaking inside right now.

I slide my hand over to hers, holding it tightly, scared of her never being okay again.

My phone started ringing through the car speakers, it's Matt.

"Alright you're set up. The flight leaves in an hour."

"Thank you, Matt. Truly. I'll keep you updated."

And with that, I hang up. My mind was circling a drain until we pulled into the airport. I woke her up. She was terrified.

"Maria. Hey baby. Look at me." She focused on me. "It's okay. It will be okay. I promise. Breathe with me." And she did. "We're at the airport. Let's get to your mom." She nodded, finding her footing and practically running inside the airport, me pulling both suitcases while chasing her.

We got all checked in, which wasn't hard once they saw my ID and the fact I made sure Matt had us listed as "immediate importance".

It didn't take long for the plane to take off. It was going to be a 4 hour flight, but we'd make it regardless. I'd control the damn plane myself if I had to. She needed to be home.

I looked over at her. Her knuckles were white, and she had a death grip on my hand. I did my best to calm her down, but I knew nothing would help when it came to her mother.

The only thing I havent shown to her willingly was my last hope. I leaned her head on my shoulder, and started singing softly to her, raking my fingers through my hair.

It took a few minutes, but she thankfully relaxed and fell asleep against me. She needed to rest, to let her mind slow down. Her mom had no choice, she needed to be okay for the sake of my Maria.
-
-
AN: are we liking it so far??? Had to throw in sum bad shit. I've been to nice to u all 🤣