chapter eight: old spice krakenguard

Authors note: idk how but I forgot we was movin in winter. Even if it's california ik it still be cold... so we gonna pretend a few chapters back when she wore shorts, they were sweats or something ok? Okay 🥲 also rlly long chapter this one here 😩
-
-

We had finished our pizza around 7 at night and I decided to go into my room and try to get things all settled. I started by pulling out my extra bed sheets and comforter, putting it on my bed. Putting my pillows in their casings and throwing them on my bed as well. I didn't have a lot, but for one small room it felt like a lot. I took all of my clothes out of their suitcases and started hanging them up in the closet and folding them to go in the dresser. Lining my shoes up in the bottom of the closet, making a mental note to go get a shoe rack tomorrow.

I pulled my phone charger out and plugged it into the outlet closest to my bed, along with my Alexa. I felt like that was enough for the bedroom, deciding I'd set the rest up tomorrow.

I moved a box, labeled 'bathroom' with a thick black sharpie, to the bathroom. Pulling all of my soaps out and lining them up in the shower the way I liked it. Mental note: get a new loofah tomorrow. I put all of my stuff that was meant for the top part of the sink there. Mental note: need more face wash. These mental notes should really get moved to my actual phone notes, huh? I laughed at my stupidity because I will forget half of the mental notes I've taken so far. I organized my make up in their separate containers, along with my skincare. The box was empty, after what felt like 10 hours of organizing.

It was 10pm, so it was officially time for bed. I laid down, feeling my body finally relax. I was gonna hurt tomorrow. My thoughts were full of the possibilities coming my way. I fell asleep, thinking of surprising my mom with a new house.

The next morning.

I woke up to my alarm blaring at 7am. I wanted to try to get into a good routine before I officially start on Monday. Groaning and stretching, I rolled out of bed, falling on my soft carpet in the room. I smiled, had this been at my old home I would've cried from the wood floor hurting me. I turned the shower on, brushing my teeth while I waited for it to get hot. Before I undressed, I went out to a common closet to grab a towel and washcloth.

Mental not- nope. I pulled my phone out and wrote down a small shopping list.
-face wash
-loofah
-microfiber hair towels
-shoe rack
I hopped in the shower after that, making sure I was fully clean and relaxed before stepping out. I wrung my hair out, and towel dried it to the best of my ability. I only ever used heat on my hair if I was straightening it. Otherwise, I let it air dry, and if I needed to curl it I would twist my hair around like a braid, but less braiding, and leave it in for 8 hours.

It was already 7:30, so I hurried and slapped all of my skincare on my face. Walking out to my bedroom, and to my closet, I grabbed a fuzzy sweater, leggings, fuzzy socks, and my bra and panties. I quickly threw everything on, then went back to the bathroom to put on a little bit of makeup. Just some concealer, blush, and tinted chapstick. I slid on some deodorant, and spritzed my perfume and I was done.

I jogged down the stairs when I saw it was 7:50. I wanted to try and make him breakfast as a surprise. I don't have to, but I wanted to. He hasn't tried any of my cooking yet, and I won't admit it out loud, but I wanted to know if he enjoyed it.

Luckily the man had some eggs and bacon in his fridge, along with the last life of some strawberries. I grabbed a bowl and a fork, whisking the eggs together with the fork, adding a bit of milk, salt, and pepper before pouring it into the pan. The pan next to it had some bacon sizzling as well. While those cooked, I began cutting up the strawberries and adding a tiny drizzle of honey over them. The coffee maker beeped, signaling it was done. I grabbed two sugar cubes from his spices cabinet and set them in the bottom of his mug, adding the hot coffee over it. Stirring it to make sure it dissolved completely.