chapter twenty-five: getaway pt.2

The day moved on. We mostly stayed naked in bed, tangled in each others limbs, until it was time for us to leave for dinner.

We both fixed ourselves up, and made our way to the car. His hand found its home, and we were off. We listened to softer music for this drive, inspired from the fact we both admitted our love for each other, and could officially be together.

I kept stealing glances of him, smiling every time I saw and heard him singing along to a song. His voice was angelic, and it's the one thing he hasn't openly done with me yet. I've gotten the privilege to overhear him sing four or five times over the last 8 months. I wanted to hear him sing every day for the rest of my life.

He drove us into the city, and stopped in front of a fancy looking Italian restaurant. I had never heard of it before, but I loved Italian. It'll be perfect for our first date as a couple.

The hostess ogled Noah once we were inside, sending jealousy coursing through my body. I knew he claimed me, and I claimed him, but I don't appreciate another woman eye fucking him.

He quickly dismissed her without saying thank you once we were seated. I wanted him right then and there. On the table, for all to see.

For obvious reasons, that wasn't possible, but a girl could dream.

"Maria" he broke the silence, after minutes of me sitting there with an angry look placed on my face. "Its you. No one else. I promise." I nodded to his statement, "I know. Doesn't mean her eye fucking you makes me any less angry. I don't know.... I could skin her alive I guess." He laughed loudly at my statement. "You're hot when you're jealous, my love."

My stomach erupted in butterflies at the pet name, knowing it holds such a deeper meaning now.

We had ordered our food, him getting a chicken parmigiana, and me getting a normal spaghetti. I couldn't help how much I loved one simple meal.

We made small talk while sipping on our wine, his white and mine red. Our food was brought to us shortly after, and we relished in the flavors dancing on our tongues. Although, I wouldn't mind having his flavor dancing on my tongue.

He paid, and left a generous tip to our waiter, who was extremely attentive and kind to us.

We began the drive back to the house we were staying in, and I took in the scenery the entire drive. Trees were littered with bright green leaves, weeks away from turning orange and red from the season changing. The grass was also a vibrant green, as if it rained here daily, even though there wasn't a single cloud in the sky.

The music was coursing through my body as it played loudly through his speakers, and I quickly decided to turn it down, wanting to speak with my boyfriend about how much I love him.

"You know, Noah. You are the best thing to happen to me." He chuckles lowly, shaking his head in response. "I don't see how I could be, princess. I was a train wreck until I met you."

Now it was my turn to laugh, "yes.. that's a good point. But you have also shown me nothing but love and kindness, even if you weren't intending on showing me love. You made sure I ate with you, that I knew you were thankful for the things I did for you, which is more than any man has done for me before. You made sure I was safe and happy, always asking if there was anything you could do to help me throughout my days. There wasn't a day that went by where I didn't think 'wow, this man truly knows the way to my heart.' Every single day, I fell even more in love with you, and with every touch you placed upon my skin, I learned there was a new place I wanted to be yours. You have me, Noah. In every way, shape, and form. I'm yours. For the rest of my life."

A wide grin rested on his face by the time I was done talking, his hand tightly squeezing my thigh. "I'm so in love with you, Maria. It's not normal, truly. I'd kill for you, without any doubts or regrets, and in an instant. But I'd also live for you. I want to live for you." He kept glancing at me, trying his best to focus on the road ahead of us, we were still 15 minutes away from the house.