chapter ten: old fashioned

I woke up, with a slight panicked yelp leaving my mouth, as I sat up from a nightmare, ending because of my alarm on my phone. I had only taken an hour nap. Enough to make it so I could learn his drink. I left my door open and sat in my bed. Deciding an anime would suffice as a distraction, until he is ready.

After around 30 minutes, I see him walk out of his room, freshly showered and shirtless. A pair of grey sweatpants hung low on his hips. It didn't take long for us to make eye contact. I gulped, knowing my face was beat red. I've seen plenty of men shirtless, and naked, and it's never affected me this way. Tattoos littered his body, just as I thought. Although, seeing them completely made my mind turn into a puddle, along with my panties.

I mustered up the courage to open my mouth. "Did you skip out on me tonight for your drink?" I asked nervously, chewing my lip as if it was a piece of beef jerky.

"Nope. I was just coming to get you. Lets go." I nodded, quickly standing to my feet and following him.

We met at the bar part of the kitchen. We were in close proximity. I could smell the body wash I just got him, lingering in the air. I couldn't hear a word he was saying. My eyes fixed on all of his tattoos, and the way his muscles lined with them. My eyes working my way up to his neck and jaw, then to his lips.

I tore my eyes away from him for a second before letting in a big breath. He literally made me stop fucking breathing.

"Did you hear anything I said?"

"No I'm sorry. I'm struggling to focus, can I just have a second?" He nodded at me, a ghostly smirk resting on his lips. I turned towards the sink and splashed my face with cold water. The method working instantly to bring me back to Earth. I am truly an embarrassment to myself.

"Okay go on sir, I'm sorry."

He continued telling me the way he liked his drink. "So you pour exactly 1.5 ounces of the bourbon that I leave sitting right here. The bottle might change, but I always use the bourbon that sits right here. Then you add two teaspoons of brown sugar simple syrup. Then I like 4 shakes of orange bitters, and an orange peel on the rim. Give it a nice mix and it's perfect." He spoke with love in his eyes, which is unbelievably cute and quirky. To feel so much love for one drink.

I nodded, writing everything down that he said, making sure I'll be able to make it perfectly tomorrow.

"Would you like to try it, Ms. Maria?" My name was back and it felt right again, like he wasn't upset with me. I asked, "are you sure? You aren't a germaphobe or anything?" He laughed. Beautiful gorgeous laugh.

"Yes I'm sure, and no, not a germaphobe." He handed me the drink as he spoke. I nodded and took a small sip. Looking at him, seeing the way his eyes for fixed on my lips, just like mine were on his moments again. I played dumb, and licked my lips slowly, making sure to gather any of the liquid that had remained there. It was super fucking good. No wonder it helped him sleep, it definitely had a high alcohol content.

"Yeah that's really good, sir. I'll make sure to get it right tomorrow. Hopefully I can learn my way around the house and you better so I don't have to bother you as much as I did today. I'm sorry for that by the way." My lip quivered by the end, my damn nerves making me want to cry.

"You'll get it right. And don't be sorry. I'm sorry I was a dick. It wasn't just a bad day for me today, it was a really fucking bad day. I took it out on you, and that wasn't fair, so I'm sorry, Ms. Maria."

I nodded, speaking carefully, "thank you. Whatever is going on, I hope you can resolve it soon, and feel better. I believe in you.... Anyway. I'm beat so... goodnight, Mr. Sebastian. I'll see you in the morning."

"Goodnight, Ms. Maria. Sleep well." I looked back and he was smiling softly.
Yeeaaaaahhh. He's fucking cute.

I left him at the kitchen island and went to to my room, changing into my pajamas, washing my face, and laying down in bed. Tossing and turning for about an hour until the world went dark.
-
-
Authors note: ok short lil chappy here. If u couldn't tell this fic will be a very. Slow burn.