chapter fourteen: tattoos

Authors note: if there isn't a clarification in POV, just assume it's Maria lol. Also a little soft playfulness in this scene. The heat shall come soon
-
-
The drive home was a bit tiring, but eventually I made it. Once I parked my car, I grabbed my phone, seeing I had a text from a new number. 'Hey, it's Noah Sebastian. Here's my number for you. Feel free to message me if you need anything and can't find me in the house.'

Reading the text immediately put a smile on my face, knowing he found my note.

I made my way inside, looking all over the house for him, until I spotted him in the hot tub. Took me ten damn minutes.

I walked out, and noticed he was with a friend who agreed to join us for dinner.

I went back inside, and pulled out all of the ingredients I needed for tonight's dinner.
Garlic butter steak with crispy potatoes and asparagus. This is my kind of dinner.

I washed the potatoes, and cut them into even squares, well.. as even as I could get them with the small time crunch I am on. I then moved onto the asparagus, preheating the oven, cutting the ends off, then seasoning the asparagus, while coating it in olive oil. Next, the steak. I seasoned it with salt, pepper, and some cayenne powder to give it a little kick.

I threw the potatoes in a pan on medium heat, shaking in some seasonings and gave it a stir. All I gotta do now is stir it every few minutes for 12-15 minutes.

Then, I tossed the asparagus into the oven, setting an 18 minute timer for when it was done. Asparagus is my favorite vegetable so I'm extremely excited for this dinner tonight.

My next duty, was to cook the steak. I put a spoonful of minced garlic into the pan, along with a spoonful of butter. Once those melted and cooked, I set three thick cut New York Strip steaks on it.

Once the steaks were cooking, Mr. Sebastian and Jolly came and sat at the kitchen island. I don't mind having an audience most times, but right now it made me a little nervous. I decided small talk might ease the tension.

"Mr. Sebastian?" He looked up at me from his phone, with a questioning look. "When will I be receiving my uniform?" He thought about it for a moment.

"I'll make sure to get it to you by the end of the night. Don't worry so much, Ms. Maria. How's dinner coming along?" I nodded, he probably thinks I'm an impatient person now.

"It's good, should be ready in a few minutes!" He gave me a smile and went back to his phone.

Well, that felt a little useless. I'm still nervous.

Lots of flipping, lots of stirring, lots of checking later, we were almost done. I've already plated the potatoes and asparagus, I just need to add some parsley and more butter, then baste this bitch.

A couple more minutes and voila! We were done.

I set the plates in front of the boys, along with a knife, fork, and napkin. Grabbing three wine glasses, and pouring some red wine into each.

"Let me know what you think of it, please. I know I'm a good chef, I just like to know if it's a meal you enjoyed so I can choose to make it or not make it in the future."

They both agreed and continued on eating their meal. They devoured everything on their plates. "It was good, then?" The room filled with some laughter and some chuckles. "Really good. My favorite that you've made me so far." Mr. Sebastian spoke with a light heartedness. "I enjoyed it a lot, Maria. Thank you for including me for dinner tonight, both of you." I smiled at Jolly. I love it when people are actually kind to me, versus how it used to be at the restaurant and getting a bad customer or review at least once a day.