𝘖𝘯𝘦

It was a lovely day in King's Landing, with the birds chirping on the ledge of the balcony and the sun beating down from the clear, blue sky. a wonderful day for dragon riding. But here she was, seated alongside her uncomfortably pregnant mother, Aemma. Viserra observed how her mother was treated with care of her lady-in-waiting and midwives.
Viserra was eagerly awaiting the birth of her future little brother or sister even though her mother was expecting any day. She was aware of her parents' fervent desire for the baby to be born well and healthy, and she and Rhaenyra would regularly pray to the Seven for this to occur.

"I hope you don't have to go through the same suffering I suffered right now when you have a baby one day." Aemma said breaking the silence.
"Why do you suppose I would want one?" Viserra answered. "Mother, a baby will only get in the way of my plans. I couldn't possibly ride my dragon with a babe in my stomach, now could I?"

Aemma stated with her forehead puckered seriously, "You and Rhaenyra are always on your dragons, but it's our responsibility to marry and bear your husbands offspring."
Viserra nodded to her mother, acknowledging the value of devotion to her mother.

"While we're talking about it, you and Rhaenyra will have to get married when you reach marriageable age. You are aware that I am not getting any younger. I really want to see you and Rhaenyra content and with children," Aemma said. Viserra grinned at the mother.
"My dragon, I hope you find someone deserving of you," Aemma said.
Viserra watched her stroke her bump contentedly when Alicent Hightower and Rhaenyra entered the the room.

"Rhaenyra,." Aemma called out to her eldest daughter. "You know I don't like you to go flying while I'm in this state."
"You don't like me to go flying when you're in any condition," Rhaenyra said as she drew nearer to her mother.
While Viserra got out of her chair and gave her sister a hearty embrace, Alicent Hightower greeted the Queen. Rhaenyra smiled at her sister.
"How is mother doing?" Rhaenyra asked.
"She's doing fine, but she's exhausted. The baby is due soon," Viserra responded.
"Did you sleep?" Rhaenyra questioned her mother about how worn out she appeared.
"I slept."
When her mother responded, Rhaenyra raised an eyebrow and said, "How long?"
She then sat in Viserra's chair.

"Rhaenyra, I don't need you mothering me," Aemma said while continuing to fan her face.
"Someone needs to tend to you as you are here with attendants who are all focused on the baby."
"I already have your sister bugging me enough,"
As she pointed at Viserra, Aemma remarked.
"You both will lie in this bed soon enough, Rhaenyra," says Aemma, "We serve the realm by experiencing this anguish."

Viserra retaliated in defiance, saying, "I'd rather serve as a knight and go to combat and glory."

Viserra heard Aemma's chuckle "I guess I should stop letting you speak to your Uncle. It appears that he has had a negative impact on you."
"Well, you know what she was saying is true," remarked Rhaenyra from beside Viserra.
"Both you and I possess royal wombs. Our battle is the child bed. We have to become used to facing it head-on. Rhaenyra, you as well "Aemma exhaled a sigh. "Now Nyra, take a bath. You smell like dragon."
At her mother, Rhaenyra nodded. Viserra helped her get to her feet and led her out of the room.

Rhaenyra whispered to her sister, "We should ride together once more, you haven't been able to ride with me in a while."
"Soon after mother has the child. Even though I occasionally miss riding my dragon, I don't want her to be concerned. She is already concerned when Ser Harwin and I train. Due to the pregnancy, her nose seems to be especially acute these days. She can detect the presence of a dragon from a mile away." Viserra answered. Viserra didn't want to tell Rhaenyra the real reason why she hasn't been on her dragon since she had the dream of her mother having another babe.
Rhaenyra expressed concern, "That's true, it appears like this pregnancy is extremely difficult for her."
Viserra assured Rhaenyra gently, "Don't worry, Rhaenyra, I'll watch over mother when I can."