Chapter 4

Disclaimer: I do not own these images, or any songs used in this series.

Flashback: 7 years ago

 To the northwest of the great forest, lies a small settlement called Fallbrook hidden in a small valley near the  northern mountains. The village was simple stone huts with a larger, rectangular stone building in the center for meetings and on days like this, to trade any wares they have. While it is true that Robotnik is slowly taking over Mobius, there were still parts of the country that remained untouched and still provided services from carpentry to tool smiths, from tailor shops to bakeries. The Mobians here did their best to try and have some sense of a normal life amidst the dangers of the mechanical madman, thankfully the small patrols of armored Mobian knights kept a constant watch for any potential danger.

(similar to this design)

It was mid-morning and, just outside the settlement, Jeremiah rests on a tree stump while a much younger Cross is playing with Cosmo in a small clearing nearby

It was mid-morning and, just outside the settlement, Jeremiah rests on a tree stump while a much younger Cross is playing with Cosmo in a small clearing nearby. The boy wore an old grey gatsby cap over his long white hair, a red buttoned up long sleeved shirt that was too big for him to hide his human hands, and a pair of patched up brown slacks that ended with a pair of worn black shoes.  Cross holds up a large stick and is pretending its a sword, while trying to fight an imaginary enemy while Cosmo pretends to be damsel in distress. It was a long trip through the forest  to get here and the old owl's feet were aching from the hike, unlike the boy who still had plenty of energy to spare.

"By the watchers my feet are killing me" Jeremiah thought to himself, and took off his boots to ease the pain a bit. He sighed in relief once the boots were off and he began lightly rubbing at the sore points of his foot to ease the pain. The trees provided a good amount of shade in the small clearing that they chose to rest at. It was at the edge of the forest, but there were just enough trees and brush that circled around the area, making a perfect stop point for any traveler who wanted to camp outside and still be close to the settlement.

"HAHA!!, Take that villain " Cross shouted while stabbing the air.

"please help me sir knight, save me from these horrible beasts" Cosmo says in a flowery voice, she fly's off towards a hollowed out log and Cross proceeds to chase after, the two laughing as they played.

Jeremiah smiled as he watched the two youngsters run around. "Still, this is one of the only settlements left that has anything to trade with, hopefully they will have what we need." He reached into his heavy maroon colored robes and pulled out a list of things he would need. Adjusting the small round rimmed glasses he began t look over the list.

 ITEMS FOR THE HOUSE: 

1. sewing needles and threads

2. Rolls of cloth or wool 

3. new shoes for the boy

4. books for cooking, sewing, reading and teaching

5. a small stuffed toy