Chapter 5

Disclaimer: I do not own these Images

"Madeline!!! It's so good to see you again" The old owl stood up and walked towards the woman with an enormous smile on his beak, and the two embraced as old friends, who haven't seen each other in many years, have finally reunited once more.

"Oh it's good to see you too, old friend" Madeline said with a few tears streaming down her cheeks. After a few moments, the two pulled away from each other, while Madeline wiped away her tears of joy, Jeremiah chuckled a bit as he dug into his robes and offered a handkerchief to her. " How have you been?" he asked, and as the two old friends started their small talk...

The children's p.o.v

The kids stopped in their tracks, just a few yards away from the woods, as they saw Mrs. Burrows hugging the stranger with tears in her eyes, and is now chatting away with a big smile across her face.

"S...she looks so ha...happy" Serene said with wide eyes

"Whoa, I guess they must be really good friends huh" Blade stated while scratching his cheek

"For sure, but i wonder who he is" Opera said curiously, with her arms crossed

"The old dude is wearing some weird clothes, hehe it looks like a big bathrobe." Blade stated with a small giggle

" Clothes?!, do you see that HUGE walking stick he's got, that's whats really weird to me" Opera exclaimed while spreading her arms out when she said the word huge.

Strange clothes that look like a big robe, has a long beard, carries a large odd shaped walking stick, it reminded Serene of something she saw before in one of the books that she read. Then she gasped as it dawned on her what that stranger reminded the her of,

"W...wi..wizard" the young hare said quiet awe

"What you say Serene?" Opera turned to her and asked

"Th..that stranger..looks like a..a WIZARD...from the Lost Domains books that I read before. Serene stuttered in a tone that was mix of shock and excitement

Blade raised an eyebrow and looked at his younger friend, " A wizard?!!, you mean that old owl in a bathrobe can use magic?" he said in a skeptical tone. Serene however looked up at Blade with her eyes narrowed and her voice was determined

"It's not a bathrobe, they wear scholar robes from the schools they study in, and that stick is a staff, a tool they use to cast spells." Serene said with confidence. 

She loves reading and always has her nose in a book or two when she is in her room. In most cases the young hare tends to stumble over her words when talking, but when it comes to things that she likes, the girl can string together sentences better than any of the older kids. Opera and Blade's eyes went wide in amazement, not only at Serene's explanation without stuttering but, the thought that the strange old owl chatting away with their teacher might be a magic casting wizard. the three children looked back towards the adults who were still deep in conversation.

" No waaay" Blade said, his eyes gleamed with wonder

"That's soooo cool" Opera added, her expression matching the young cheetah

As they looked at the strange owl Mobian in awe, Blade's eye  narrowed as he saw something from behind a log that was a few feet away from the two adults, it was only for a second but he could have sworn he saw something duck down behind the log. Was there someone else in the woods? he tapped Opera on the shoulder to get her attention.

"Hey did you see that?" Blade asked

"See what?" Opera replied

"There's something hiding in the woods, it went behind that log" Blade points in the direction of where he saw movement.