Chapter 11

disclaimer: I do not own these images or characters

The Tree House:

The next day Cross woke up to a cool and partly cloudy sky, even though it was late summer, there were still some days that were cooler than others. Cross sat up on his bed and stretched his arms, over by his dresser he could hear a small yawn coming from the drawer Cosmo used as her 'Room'. It was a simple set up, a bed made out of a cloth sack stuffed with cotton, a small opened jewelry case was placed in the back of the drawer as a type of dresser using the small mirror inside to fix her hair, she used an old pincushion as a chair while the floor of the dresser was covered in an old folded shirt, making it a type of carpet for comfort. All around the inside walls of the dresser, was lined with various types of leaves, flower pedals, and vines, giving it a very interesting style. The top of the drawer had a cut off portion of Cross's blue curtains laid across to be used for privacy, although Cosmo didn't really wear many outfits, she appreciated the gesture Cross offered her.

Cross got up from the bed, wearing a simple white t shirt, and a pair of blue shorts and made his way to the washroom to clean up for the day, his bare feet lightly tapping against the wooden floor. After brushing his teeth and washing his face, Cross fixed up his snow white hair into the messy windswept look that he liked, his golden yellow eyes reflected in the mirror, scanned over his head to see if anything was out of place. 

'Okay, looks good' he thought and smiled as he hung up the towel and exited the washroom.

"Good morning cross," Cosmo greeted

"Morning" Cross yawned

Suddenly there was a loud crash that came from the front of the house, startling the two.

"What was that?" Cosmo asked

"Lets go look," Cross said

As they entered the large common room of the tree house, there was a plume of smoke coming from one of the doors off to the side, and there grandpa was exiting the room heavily coughing as he tried to get away from the room.

"Grandpa!" Cross cried out

"Cough cough...I'm alright...cough....just an experiment flop is all cough....open the windows and doors please." he managed to get out.

Cross and Cosmo nodded and quickly threw the windows pen to let out the acrid smoke leaving only a light haze after a minute. Cross bent down and helped grandpa to a chair after airing out the room, he then dashed over to the cupboard and filled up a mug with water and offered it to grandpa, who responded with a grateful nod.

"thank you lad," he said hoarsely and took a drink to help ease his throat from the coughing fit

"What happened?" Cross asked with a concern

grandpa takes a moment to relax and respond "well...cough...I've been working on a new piece of equipment for you..cough and I haven't gotten the mixture perfected yet...this is the result of my latest test...cough"

Cross's expression shifted to a look of surprise and he asked "Anything I can do to help?"

Yes actually," and he pulls out a mega muck pod and places it on the table, "I'm gonna need you to gather some more eggs, this is the last pod I could make, I also need you to gather some scrap metal from the outskirts, preferably any flat pieces that aren't rusted." Cross gave a nod at that

"Sure thing, I'll go get ready," and he dashes back to his room

"EAT SOMETHING BEFORE YOU LEAVE" Jeremiah called out