Chapter 134 - You Don't Know Me

I stood in front of the mirror, admiring my round belly. It was a miracle, really. Seven months ago, I found out I was pregnant. And now, here I was, two months away from giving birth to our little miracle. I hated it. Every time I think about it, I want to hurl. I know I should be grateful, but Keegan was right. Alister knows how to torture people. Having me pregnant with his child tortures me every single day.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my unruly hair. I knew I had to do something. I couldn't go on like this. I couldn't keep living this lie. I had to tell someone, had to confide in someone. But who could I trust? I couldn't tell my friends or family. Not that I had any in the first place. Everyone has been against me since day one. I could ask Lucián, but he's the last person I want to drag into my personal life.

Alister walked into the room, taking his shirt off as he made his way over to me. I felt a pang of annoyance, as always. He was so damn attractive. It wasn't fair that he had to be. His golden brown skin, his toned muscles, his brown eyes that seemed to see right through me. It made me want to vomit. But then, I reminded myself why I hated him so much.

"Hey, gorgeous," he said, leaning down to kiss my forehead. "You okay?"

I forced a smile. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just feeling a bit uncomfortable, that's all." I turned away from him, not wanting to look at his perfect face anymore. He sighed and wrapped his arms around me, pressing his body against mine. It was a familiar, intimate gesture, but it felt so wrong coming from him.

"Notice anything different about me?" he asked.

I scoffed. "Besides the fact that you're actually being nice to me?"

He chuckled. "No, not that. I mean, do you notice anything...different about me?" I glanced at him through the mirror, taking in his features. His skin was somehow even more golden, his muscles more defined, his eyes... 

"What are you talking about?" I asked, annoyed that he was playing guessing games with me.

"Come on, Calista. You know I'm not one to brag, but I think it's about time you acknowledge the changes in me," he said, his voice low and teasing. "I mean, just look at these abs." He grabbed my hand and placed it on his bare stomach, feeling the hard muscles beneath my palm. "And these pecs," he continued, reaching around to fondle one. "And don't even get me started on this..." He trailed off, pressing his hips into my back. "You do remember what it looks like, right?"

I felt my cheeks flush with anger and embarrassment. "Alister, stop it," I hissed. "You're not funny."

He pulled back, a hurt expression on his face. "I'm not trying to be funny, Calista. I'm serious. I've been working out, eating right...and it shows. I just thought you'd be proud of me."

I looked at him, feeling a mixture of anger, annoyance, and...Oh, god. Pity. "Alister, I don't care how you look. You're still an ass. You got me pregnant. I had second thoughts, but you refused to let me make my own decisions."

"Seven months in and you're still pissy about it. Just wait until you realize I actually changed something about myself," he muttered, backing away from me. I watched him go, feeling a strange mix of emotions. On one hand, I was relieved that he wasn't pressuring me to talk about the baby or anything. On the other hand, I was angry that he thought he could just change his appearance and expect me to be okay with everything.

"Wait..." I turned around, looking him up and down. Everything about him was still so...sexy. I couldn't deny that he had a hold on me. I stared so hard that I almost missed that his shoulder length hair was no longer shoulder length. "Why?" I demanded. "Of all things to change about yourself, you take away the one thing I liked to pull?"