Prologue

I can leave anyone if it's for my own sake. I don't need to lean on someone or be dependent on them because I know to myself that I can carry and lift myself without anyone's help.

But of course, I am still somehow jealous of my friends who are not afraid to express their feelings and be dependent on someone they love. They weren't afraid of letting people see who they truly are and I admire them for that.

"What are you thinking, Gian?" Vanih asked. Now all of their attention is on mine. I shook my head but they weren't satisfied with that so I had no choice but to answer.

"I was thinking about what to eat later." I lied.

Vanih, Criz, and Laurene just nodded to me. They know me too well so I was relieved that they didn't ask me a question again.

"By the way Gian, have you seen the latest poster outside the building?" Laurene asked.

"No, no idea about that," I answered.

"Didn't you mention something about journalism? The council is now looking for a person who's qualified for the specific position and has experience. I think the role is fit for you, plus you wanted it as well." Criz said.

I don't know what to answer but they all look like they're waiting for my response. I stood up and the three of them smiled. "For Gian!" Vanih led, as usual.

"For Gian!" They shouted and did the fist-bump for four.

As we walked to leave the building, we saw a couple of people who were looking directly at us. Two years ago we were nothing, but when the four of us worked hard for our names to get known we automatically succeeded and we exceeded our plan. Our plan is simply to get known in this University yet our names were already known to other schools and colleges.

Our main goal is not really to get known by others but to widen our space and meet a lot of different opportunities. Good thing, we have different fortes and we aced it all.

Two years ago I joined an organization because of its platform which talks about communication. I saw some thrill in that so I joined, and then there I met these three who were actually into communication and hated communication at the same time. I am not that good at public speaking but I am excellent at communicating through writing and the four of us were known as a perfect group because our fortes matched as well as our vibes.

Vanih was the first one who became my friend in that organization, she asked me about my name, age, and why I joined. She technically interviewed me. The next one is Criz and Laurene. They were both into public speaking, that is why I am so used to them speaking.

We became friends after a few weeks in the organization and up until now, no one left.

We were called "the brains". Our organization gave that name to us and Vanih said it was so nice to her ears so she asked us if we could just let it pass if someone called us with that group name. It wasn't a big deal for me so I agreed with her.

"I am so excited, I hope the position is fit for you Gian," Laurene said.

"I hope so."

I looked at the poster. It wasn't pleasing to my eyes, it was terrible. The pub mat of it wasn't eye-catching, especially its font and the color palette, the artist should have been checking this first before it got published. How come it was posted here when in fact it was this terrible?

No lies. I did not critique this poster but I described it the way it is.

"I know what she's thinking..."

"I know why she's quiet."

"Judging the whole poster."

I turned around to look at them, they giggled when our eyes met. "You guys-"