Chapter 12

"Where were you, Gian? We were looking for you for hours."

"I was asleep."

"Oh. You were sleeping. We didn't know. Anyway, get dressed now. Mom's inviting us for a formal dinner." Laurene said.

I give them a look but they just push me to get dressed. "How do I look?" I asked.

"You look gorgeous, Gian! Let's go. We need to hurry." She answered.

Everyone's in a hurry, I double-check everything before I lock the door. Vanih was the one who insisted on driving, she's the fastest among us four.

"Why is this so sudden?" I asked.

I just woke up and they told me to get dressed. I felt like I was being kidnapped right now. They're wearing formal attire so I did too, I am wearing a white trouser and white vest with a coat. Instead of using white heels, I used the black ones that I recently bought for myself.

"I don't know either. Mom just asked me to bring you guys for a formal dinner." She answered.

"Maybe she just wants to see you," Vanih said.

Laurene shook her head. "I don't think so. Mom's calling me every time she can but she never asked me to bring you guys over for a formal dinner, she just called me earlier for that, and Gian, we looked for you for hours. We had no idea you were in your room, no one even bothered to check you there because we thought you were still outside." She explained.

I nodded. I am still not in the mood to talk because I am still sleepy. Instead of chatting with them, I closed my eyes first. I am just listening to them. Minutes later we arrived at the location.

"Let's go," Laurene said.

"Mom!" Laurene called her mom.

"Hello girls, thank you for coming. I just want to have dinner with you all, but before that drink some over there. I prepared something for you guys." She said and gave us a peck on our cheeks.

Laurene's mom is so kind and charming. She's just like Laurene, she doesn't act at her age which I found amazing. She's almost sixty but she still looks like in his forty's.

"Make yourself at home girls." She reminded us.

"Let's go, let's eat," Laurene said.

"I hope Aunt baked some cookies. That's what I thought when you told us about this." Vanih whispered.

"Mine is alcohol," Criz said and she giggled.

"Don't wait for my answer," I said when they all looked at me.

Vanih linked her arms to me. "Let's walk together, I don't want you to feel left out." She said.

This is not just a simple formal dinner between us, this is a formal party. When we entered the main door a lot of people welcomed us with their eyes, even Laurene was flustered when she saw a bunch of people gathering around by group.

"I thought this was just dinner." She whispered to us.

We found a space for us. I immediately removed my coat as soon as I found my sit. Minutes later I feel so uncomfortable, a lot of people are looking directly at me.

The food is not ready yet but there are a lot of snacks, sweets, and drinks on the table. It was separated by categories.

"I don't think I can stay here, the rooftop is still open right?" I asked and Laurene nodded.

"Yes, go on. We'll call you once the food is ready." She said.

"Yes, just be attentive to your phone."