Chapter 6

The door opened and it was Ren. "Hey, what's going on?" He asked.

The chief immediately moved away and tapped Ren's shoulder. He whispered something to him and he went outside.

"Are you alright?" Ren asked and I just nodded.

"I'm fine," I answered.

He offered to open the door for me so I thanked him. "Thanks. I have to go now." I said and he nodded to me.

"Take care, call me if you need a helping hand." He said and I just nodded.

When I came home, the brains bombarded me with a lot of questions and they asked me to tell them what exactly had happened. The usual thing happened. I explained everything in detail and answered their follow-up questions.

"So Ren's his friend and he's nicer than him? Specifically, better than him?"

"And he offers to open the door for you?"

"And you can call him if you need a helping hand?"

With all of their questions, I just nodded. I don't need to explain it again. I don't like repeating words.

"I have nothing to say about you and Samuel but doesn't Ren know that you're very independent and never need someone as your helping hand?" Criz said.

"Is Ren your new friend? I hope he can be friends with a nonchalant and independent girl." Laurene said.

"Stop highlighting those," I said.

"But you are like that and we're reminding you to be expressive so that people won't misunderstand you. Also, there's nothing wrong with being talkative." Vanih said.

"I told you, I just don't want to be talkative and I prefer to listen than to talk," I explained.

I am a bit shocked that they did not even ask me about what happened to me and Chief. When they heard that we fought again they did not question me anymore, instead, they kept asking me to continue my talk about Ren. They're more curious about Ren.

"I'll rest now, let me know if you ordered some food," I said and went upstairs.

I put my things on my table and let myself feel my bed. Being in my bed is the best feeling ever. "I love resting," I said.

"I'm not surprised that you two fought again."

"I'm not surprised that you talked back to him."

"I'm not surprised about you and him any more, a little bit."

Their lines keep repeating in my head. Before I told them what happened I already expected that they would ask me a lot of questions but what happened is the opposite. They didn't ask me, they weren't surprised anymore.

But I did not tell them about his plan for me.

I know Criz and Vanih would team up to do his plan against him. I know them, they won't let someone do some shit to me.

And of course, I won't let him do some shit to me. Never in my entire life have I let someone do anything bad to me.

I get up to change clothes. I emptied my bag and saw a note.

"Warning." I read.

What's this for? I don't know who put this note in my bag, I don't remember that I left my bag somewhere. I threw it in my trash can and went downstairs. I'm hungry and I want to drink.

"Hey."

"You hungry, Gian? Criz is cooking something." Laurene said.

"Where's Vanih?" I asked.