Chapter 4

It was quite different today because Criz isn't going out, Vanih's not in the mood and Laurene's acting weird. Whenever they're in this mood I know that something is wrong.

"Are you guys alright?" I asked.

All of them nodded at me. With that, I knew that I couldn't ask for more. They're technically having problems and I can't intervene with that. We have a rule that if someone can't speak, let her be, I know they will speak up sooner or later.

After we ate, I insisted on washing the dishes. I proceeded to wash it and clean the remaining sides of the kitchen.

Tomorrow is our last day and then we will have the week break. We decided to fly to Seattle three days before the week break ends.

After I washed the dishes, I went straight to our backyard where our garden was located. I checked my smallest pot, and I poured water onto it. "You should grow faster, I want to see you," I whispered.

I am not really into plants but the idea of taking care of something and watching it grow leads me to this situation. I have seven pots in total with different seeds, four of them are for vegetables and three of them are for flowers. I would like to see each of them grow because of me.

I sit as I keep on pouring the water into my other pots. "You guys should survive."

Recently, I have felt so lonely even though I am always with the brains. Their existence was enough to make me feel happy but it's not enough to make me feel full. Something is lacking and I just found out the answer, my little sister.

I thought the brains could fulfill me in any way, but I didn't know that even though I love being with them, I am comfortable with them, there's still a lack, and of course it's me, I was the problem, I couldn't ever blame them, all they did to me was to make me happy and to make me feel that all of my decisions were right.

Looking back, they did not hesitate to be with me, even though they heard my side they still accepted me and treated me right. That is why, I can't exchange them for anything.

I was just a nobody but each of them accepted me for who I am.

My little sister, who was with me since the day she was born, was also my support system. But due to circumstances, I have to move out and leave her in Auckland all alone. I wonder how much she misses me right now, I wonder how many nights she has been crying, I wonder how many stars she's been talking and praying with, I wonder if she resents me for what I did.

"Gian?"

"Hey, Laurene..."

"I received Gillian's message. I'm sorry I didn't tell you right away...she asked me a favor and I can't say no." She explained.

"It's okay Lau. I'm not mad."

She smiled at me. "I hope you use your four-day break wisely." She said and left the room.

Even though I want to go to Auckland right now and hug my little sister, I can't. My savings couldn't cover my expenses for plane tickets, hotel, food, and transportation. Plus, I can't go back to Auckland now, it would be a shame if I went back there without a diploma in my hand. I told myself that I would just go back to my mainland once I got my diploma.

Two more years. I am sure Auckland could wait for my return.

My mainland could wait for me but I couldn't waste any time building up my name and career. For me, success is my top priority.

I don't know who I am without my achievements, and with that, I should always reach the success level that will satisfy me and my soul.

"That's why I can't let someone meddle in this..."