Chapter 10

Three days had passed. I thought after that he would change but he's now back to being rude and annoying. He doesn't even hide his intention to annoy me.

"I bet Gian's sick and tired of the confessions she kept receiving almost every day," Criz said.

I smiled. "Not sick but you know, I have no idea about that. Never been in love." I answered and they all laughed.

We're here in the backyard, the weather is just fine so we decided to spend the night here altogether. It's Saturday and we're all free. Another healing night with them.

"Let's be serious for a while, Gian, have you ever tried loving someone?" Laurene asked.

"Never. I never liked anyone." I answered.

"Oh! Cliché! The guy you'll love is so lucky." Vanih said and the others agreed with her.

"Right! Imagine that Gian never liked anyone but she's in love with you. Just how cute is that." Criz added.

"That person must be so lucky. You know almost everyone knows that Gian is the standard, no wonder why a lot likes her, she's the woman you will like because of her lifestyle, personality, attitude, and of course, looks." Laurene said.

"Right! Gian you have no idea how people look up to you, we keep hearing positive statements about you. Some girls wanted to be like you, funny because you are the role model of our seniors and juniors."

I smiled. I don't know what to say. I'm just happy that a lot of people like me, but it's a pity that I can't give back, I can't like them back, all I can do is to be grateful to them. I don't get how people like me when I am not expressive. For me, I am just a nobody who just roams around the campus and studies well. I don't see myself as someone standard like what they said, I just live my life the way I want and control it the way I like it.

"But girls..."

"We know. Love isn't your priority."

"This is why people like you, Gian. You have life priorities that make you stand out. You always aim for success, that's why you're always on top, you live your life too well, that's why you look so calm and happy, you're doing well in your life and your career. You can do anything. Independent, indeed." Laurene said and the others nodded in sync.

"But we understand the fact that love isn't your priority because you still have a lot of priorities ahead of you, but do not ever forget that you're loveable and you can love as well," Criz added.

"You're our angel, Gian. Cheesy but yes. We're happy that you're our friend. Don't worry, we're just here for you, till you find your person." Vanih said.

I blow each of them a kiss. I am so happy. I am thankful that they are my friends and they never get tired of reminding me about these things, they always tell me these, and I would never get tired of listening to them. Listening to them is my main role here and I love that.

I understand that they want me to see being in love because they know my background, they know that I am alone here unlike them. They have a family to run to whenever they want to, but I don't. Criz told me before that if she were me, she would already give up because she couldn't do what I did.

What I did was reckless but I don't regret that, it led me to this situation, and I am here because of that decision.

I turned my back to the family for my success. I promised them that I would just go back to our mainland once I achieved my main goal. I will only go back to my little sister once I become what I want. I would make up with her and give her the best life she could ever have, but as of now, I should work on it first.