Chapter 2

A lot of reports and readings must be finished today but I am still lying in bed, thinking of what I should do first once I get up. I did not get any sleep last night because of Criz and Laurene, they were so drunk and kept on messing around.

"Hey, Gian! Get up! It's seven!" I heard Laurene behind my door.

I groaned and I got up from my bed. I took my hair clips and put them in my head. "Hey..." I greeted.

"Hangover?" I asked and she nodded.

"I will never drink again. My head's killing me, can someone give me a glass of water..." Criz said, still holding her head.

Vanih was still sleeping, Laurene's on the second floor so I am the only one who's going to cater to Criz's needs. I got her a tumbler and gave it to her. "We don't have soup yet, but here's your hangover drink," I said and put it on the center table. She immediately drinks it and groans once again.

I have a lot of things to do but my whole body is not letting me move. I just want to lay down today, I just want to sleep and be absentmindedly today. But I can't. I have an online meeting later and I should pass my draft pub mat later.

"Good morning..."

"Good morning."

We all looked tired and helpless, it felt like we traveled for 24 hours straight with no stopovers. "Oh..."

"Why?" They asked.

"Do you guys want to fly to Seattle next week?" I asked.

They looked at each other. "You wanted to go to Seattle?" Criz asked.

"Is this for real? Are you drunk? Are you kidding?" Vanih said.

I shook my head. They're acting like this because they know that I am not a party girl like Criz and not a social butterfly like Vanih and Laurene.

"You thought of a plan? And not sleeping the whole day?" Criz asked.

"We're just making sure that we're talking to a real Gian...this gives me goosebumps, I swear," Vanih said.

"You two are so annoying. Yeah, I thought of us four going to Seattle since we have a one-week break and why not use it at some place right?" I said

They clapped their hands. "Gosh! I never thought Gian would plan a trip for us four, take note, she's the nonchalant among us." Criz announced.

I just shook my head, she doesn't have to remind me of that. "Annoying," I said.

Criz made a face. A few minutes later Laurene came from nowhere with a towel on her head.

"Can you guys help me, please? There's a spider in the bathroom. I can't finish my skincare, I'm afraid it will jump to me." She said while softly slapping her face.

"There's a spray in the cabinet, you can use that Lau," Vanih suggested.

"I'm still afraid..."

I stood up and went straight to the bathroom, I got the spray Vanih's talking about and sprayed it on the corner where the spider was. It dies immediately. "Can you take care of it by now?" I asked her and she nodded. There's a separate broom for the bathroom and living room.

When I went back to the living room, the two welcomed me with warm claps. "How can we live without you, Gian? You're so amazing!"

"Such a lifesaver!"

Criz groans. "God. I remember my paperwork! Only if I don't like my professor in that subject I wouldn't take that, you know what? She's so considerate and kind, she's an angel! I wish she wouldn't resign or else." She said.