Chapter 3

"This guy is testing my patience," I whispered to myself.

I am currently editing the second pub mat for the fourth time already. He kept on sending me back the file because he said it was still plain and it's not eye-catching as it is. I want to say something but I remember that I am still a newbie and I am the only one in this team and he's the only one who can help me here.

I don't need his opinion.

I don't need a man's opinion.

But he's the Chief and I can't do anything yet except for revising things he wanted to be revised.

"Hello, Chief. This is the latest pub mat." I sent him a message together with the file of my fourth time edited pub mat. Never in my life have I edited the same thing four times already.

I don't know why he keeps on rejecting my second pub mat when in fact the first and the third were accepted right away. The second pub mat contains all the flow and rules, it also has elements that help to understand its context. If this fourth file gets rejected again, I won't reply to him ever again.

I'm not sure if he's annoying me or if he's really this picky.

But even though he's picky, he already has four choices, the only thing he should do is choose one and approve things so it can be posted by the social media team.

"I received it. I think this would be fine. Thanks, Miss Luca." He replied.

This would be fine? Is he saying that he has no other choice but to accept this one?

I immediately closed my laptop after that, I cleaned my table first before I decided to go back to my bed. It's already seven in the evening and they're still not home. I alarmed my phone so I could wake up later to eat some dinner, pretty sure the girls would eat outside.

I closed the lights and opened my lamp. My humidifier was also open, it gives me a relaxing feeling, because of its smell and I just like to see my humidifier on. I removed my ponytail so my long straight hair automatically went down.

I lay down and let myself feel the comfort of my bed. Laying down is my favorite thing to do because this is the last thing that I can do for myself.

"Oh gosh, I still have some tasks to finish." I thought.

Rather than sleeping for three hours, I changed my alarm to one and a half hours, I almost forgot that I had a client to work on later. I am not just a student or current journalist, but I also work online as a freelancer either as a writer or as an artist.

I am so ready to sleep now when my phone rings and someone's calling.

"Hello? Who's this?" I asked.

My eyes are still closed because I can't open them anymore due to so much tiredness. I want to sleep by now.

"Miss Luca, we have a meeting tomorrow. Eight in the morning, sharp. Okay?"

"You can just message me why you have to call me..."

"Excuse me?"

I woke up when my alarm rang, my whole system just woke up because my phone was in my ears. I don't remember why it was there but instead of overthinking about that, I went downstairs to cook some food.

I see food at the dining table. "We see you sleeping so soundly, you look so tired, don't cook anymore we bought you your favorite food. Eat well!" It was Vanih's handwriting.

I did what I was told, I ate the food they prepared for me and went straight to my room again.

I picked up my phone to see the notifications and I saw a message from him. Does he need to send me a message every day and from time to time?