Chapter 7

Up until now, I am still worrying about Ren's message. I didn't get enough sleep because of that. I am not sure what's going on between him and Vanih, I am just worried but I cannot intervene with them.

I shook my head and decided to go downstairs to make some coffee. Maybe I should just drink a coffee instead of worrying about something.

"Maybe he just wants to take his time," I whispered to myself.

I have a meeting to attend later and I will be going to see him. I hope he doesn't mention me a lot because I never liked public attention, no, I didn't like it anymore. I liked the public attention before when I was a greedy brat who wanted to be a star. What I am today is different from who I was before.

But the spirit of being successful is still in me, my priorities are still the same, life, career, and success. These three are always and will always be my top priorities, nothing could ever surpass these three.

"Morning candy baby, you're up early," Laurene said and gave me a tap on my head.

"Do you want coffee?" I asked and she shook her head.

"I prefer milk today. Thanks, Gian." She said and waited for her cup of milk.

I gave her my favorite cup. "Here."

"Thanks. What's your agenda today?"

"Three short morning classes and a meeting in the afternoon. You?"

She nodded to me. "Criz wants to go to a club, do you want to come or not?"

"Is everyone coming?"

"Yes."

"Then I'm in. Who's gonna take care of you all if I'm not there." I said and she laughed.

"Right, babe! Blame Criz, I learned how to drink because of her." She said.

"Just drink responsibly, Lau." I reminded her and she nodded.

She toasted bread for us. Minutes later the two came and asked for breakfast. "Morning, tea or milk?"

"Milk."

"Water."

I gave what they wanted and let Laurene do the remaining. I looked at Vanih, I didn't sense anything at all, I wanted to warn her but it would be weird. I don't want to look weird in front of her. Most likely, I don't want to look pathetic to her if it turns out I am wrong.

God. Ren's message is concerning.

"By the way, someone messaged me."

"What did they say?"

"About?"

"About Gian. He confessed his love to you and told me to send it to you because he was shy and intimidated. Here, you read it yourself." Criz said.

She handed me her phone and they asked me to read it out loud but I refused. It's a long one.

"Oh," I said after reading it.

Criz snatched her phone from me and gave it to Laurene and Vanih. "You're so cruel."

"Oh my god!"

"He's so sweet but he was shy? Poor him."

I didn't react. No, I don't know how to react. I'm grateful that someone is still admiring but I don't mind those confessions. I received tons of confessions and all I did was to thank them.

"Cruel Gian would say thanks and then forget about it."

"Don't you want to try this one, Gian?"

I shook my head. "No time for that."