Chapter 11

"Don't you have any classes?" I asked Laurene.

"I have, but I will skip it today because I have an important meeting later." She said and immediately avoided my eyes.

I tried to catch her eyes but she just kept avoiding me so I laughed a little. "Should we keep it a secret?" I asked and she looked down.

"I mean...if you can do it for me?" She said.

I nodded. "Of course, we have this rule. Don't worry I will act like I don't know anything." I answered.

Her important meeting is a meet-up with a guy she recently talked to. The soft girl Laurene is actually in love now, she doesn't like meet-ups except with people she likes.

"I'll go now," I said to her.

"But aren't you free today?"

"I have a meeting," I said and she looked at me with a smirk.

"It's not like that." I defended and she let me go.

After saying goodbye to her, I immediately went to my car and started to drive. Last night he kept sending me messages, and he kept reminding me to see him in a meeting hall because he had something to tell me that was related. I don't know what I can do to him later if this isn't really about org.

Just come. I know you're ignoring this but just come.

This is important.

I'll wait till 11.

I kept receiving messages and our conversation was flooded because of him, I don't know if he's this pushy when it comes to org. It's not like he loves the org, maybe just his position. He's good at power-tripping.

Is he a manipulator?

Am I being manipulated?

God knows how much I hate this man. I don't want to be in the same place as him. He makes my blood boil, he's not even ashamed.

"You came." He said right after he saw me coming.

"Yeah," I answered.

He pulled out an envelope and gave it to me. "Here's the schedule and things to do, read it. Probably next week we will have a meeting twice a week together with all the members, but as of now we need to work on this together." He said.

Together?

"Is Ren going to help us?"

"No. He's handling the others, he's not free for this, plus it will be a burden to him if I add this to his work." He answered.

I nodded. "Alright. What about Ann?"

He looked at me first before he answered me. "She's going to gather all the information we will need. She asked me not to give him pub mats anymore because of the criticism about the poster issue." He answered.

I can't think of anyone anymore. Looks like I don't have any choice again. Will I always be like this? Life is testing me. This won't do anymore.

"Can't anyone join us?"

He shook his head. "Everyone has a task to do, they wouldn't even accept this since it's not their forte."

I cough a little to clear my throat. This is giving me a headache. "But-"

"I know you don't want to work with me, Gian."

Gian? Does he have the guts to call me by my first name? He's the only one I don't approve of to call me by my first name because God knows how much I hate my name when he's the one saying it.