We're Friends Right?

"Wait, where do you go for piercings?" Alex had asked. "My last one got fucked up. Now I have two holes where I wanted one."

"I'm happy to give you the name, but just so you know, they charge quite a bit," Lena replied pointedly.

"Maybe they'll give me a discount if my billionaire best friend gave me a reference..." There was a hopeful question in Alex's statement.

Kara had pouted, crossing her arms.

Lena only laughed at her. "I'm afraid that title might be taken. But I would be happy to give you a reference, Alex."

Kara had rolled her eyes. "What's the point of my best friend title if you'll give favors out to just anyone?"

"I'll give you a reference too, if you want it so bad." Lena raised her eyebrow at the blonde.

"Are you kidding? Her ears would break the needle," Alex quipped. "It would be wasted on her."

Lena turned to Kara. "Wait, really? But your ears are pierced."

"Got them pierced when I was ten," Kara said simply.

"But have you ever wanted to get anything more pierced?"

Kara shrugged. "Not really. I'm not that interested in piercings."

Lena hums. "I can't relate. They're like tattoos; it's an addiction."

Kara's face scrunched together in confusion. "You only have, what, five? Six?"

"On my ears, yes. But I have others."

"No way Lena Luthor has a belly piercing!" Alex shouted.

Lena shook her head. "I have eight in total, one of which is not on my stomach."

Alex had stared at Lena's ears, counting the earrings and holes there before her eyes had grown wide.

"Aaand I think I'm done with this conversation." Alex had hopped up from her seat on the counter and grabbed her keys. "I'll see you guys in the tower later?"

Kara barely said a goodbye, focused on the mystery of Lena's hidden piercings. "So... five on your ears. That leaves three..."

"And I'll leave it at that."

Their day had gone on. She and Lena made dinner together, Kara managed not to burn down the apartment when she used the oven, and they sat on the couch to watch movies.

Everything was fine, normal. But Kara still wondered...

That's why when Lena gets up to use the bathroom, Kara takes her chance. She blinks, and the next thing she knows, her x-ray vision is engaged and she's searching behind clothes for where those missing piercings are.

Hot flames burn her cheeks the second she does it. Three piercings. Two twin rings hooked on supple nipples. Another one much lower that looks like two beads connected to a curved bar...

Kara grabs the dishes off the coffee table and busies her shaking hands in cleaning up their dinner mess. Lena comes out a few minutes later, returning to the couch after Kara insists she can handle the cleaning on her own.

But of course, despite how long Kara tries to take, the dishes are cleaned and the counters are wiped down and Lena is waiting for her.

Kara is stiff when she sits down. She doesn't curl into Lena like she normally would, instead keeping her hands clasped tightly in her lap. The movie plays, but she can't focus on it. Her mind is drawn back to what she saw.

The movie is paused and Kara blinks away her stupor, turning to her friend.

Lena drops the remote back on the coffee table before shifting her body so she's facing Kara. "So what's wrong?"