14

ALEXEI

Her face had drops of blood on it and her nose was bleeding. This angered me.

I turned to Igor and Vlad. "Find those idiots and bring them to me."

They nodded and took off. I turned to my cousin who was carrying his own wife. His face was filled with anger as he walked alongside me. "I'm coming over to torture them," he said to me. "You're welcomed anytime," I replied and he nodded.

We said our goodbyes and went our separate ways. I got into the car and my driver started the engine before driving off.

Rose was on my lap with her arms still around my neck. I brought out my handkerchief and wiped the blood of her face. Her nose was still bleeding.

"What happened?" I asked her gently. My shirt was stained but I didn't mind. My wife was more important at the moment.

"We went to the bathroom and those men followed us. They wanted to have a good time," she said jokingly and I rolled my eyes. How could she be joking like this.

"I have a headache," she groaned as she sat straight and rubbed her temples. Her hair was scattered and falling against her shoulders as she tried to get rid of the pain.

"We'll soon be home," I told her. without a word, she rested back on my chest and I wrapped my arms around her.

"How did you get out?" I couldn't help but ask. "Bianca gave me her lipstick. It had a blade so I was able to stab the fuck out of them and we escaped," she looked up at me with a grin. I smiled at her and her eyes widened as she gasped dramatically.

I raised a brow at her, "What?" "You just smiled at me," she said with glee. I rolled my eyes, this girl was something else entirely.

"Stop being dramatic or you'll intensify your headache," I told her. she scoffed and snuggled closer to me.

I nearly lost my breath at the contact. The only person I allowed to be close to me like this was my little sister.

"You did that when you yelled at me when I called you," she mumbled. I felt guilty, "I'm sorry."

"It's fine."

We got home and I carried her in my arms. I grabbed her heels and went in. "I want wine," I heard her say. "Not now," I told her as I took her to my bedroom.

"Please," she was pouting. It was hard to deny her when she looked like that. I sighed and dropped her on my bed before heading back downstairs to pour her a glass of wine.

I was doing this for a woman.

My mother should be proud of me for this.

I went back up to my room and handed it to her before going to get tissue and Advil.

She took the medicine and her nose began to stop bleeding. "I want to sleep," she yawned and stood up. Where did she think she was going?

"You're staying here," I said to her. she looked at me with a raised brow, "Because?"

"So I can watch over you, Rose," I said to her. "You're lucky I'm too tired to argue. Your shirt please," she yawned and sat back down. I went to grab a clean shirt and gave her before going to take a shower.

ROSALINE

The next morning, I woke up with a slight headache and the back of my head was still hurting. I noticed that a strong arm was wrapped around my waist protectively and I raised my head to see Alexei asleep.

I couldn't stop my insides from squirming on how cute he looked while asleep. His long eyelashes rested on top of his cheeks and his lips were slightly parted. I wanted to kiss them again.

Without a second thought, I laid my head back on his bare chest and snuggled closer. His body heat was so comfortable that I didn't mind being in this position with him.

I felt him pull me closer and I grinned.

After what happened with my ex, I decided to unsubscribe from dating people till I was very successful. When my brother found out he cheated on me, Marcus was left with a black eye, a busted lip and a limping body.

I was so mad at Blaze for doing something so stupid like that but he told me he didn't care if I was angry or not. Well, that was in my first year of college.

Ever since then, I decided to mind my business and stay away from anything that could stress my life. I didn't want people to find out about my family, so I had minimal contact with others.

At first, it actually hurt that I couldn't have anyone to call my best friend and I didn't I have anyone I could vent to. But I got used to it and Lisa made sure she was there for me in every step of the way.

"You're awake," I felt his hand stroke my back. I shuddered in response. I hummed and looked up at him. He was looking down at me with concern, "How do you feel?"

"A little tired and a slight headache. Nothing serious," I said to him. "You'll have to stay in bed all day," he said as he sat up. I sat straight and narrowed my eyes at him, "It's not something serious. I'll be fine in a few hours."

He gave me a blank stare, "You're staying here throughout the day, Rose. No questions and no opposition."

"I don't want to. You're not the boss of me," I glared at him. He got off the bed. "The man is the head of the house. Wives are meant to obey their husbands," he said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"And husbands are meant to respect their wives," I fired back as I got off the bed. I was about to make my way to the door when he grabbed my waist and pulled me flush against me.

"Okay then. Please stay here. I have things to do and I'll have peace of mind knowing you're in my room with Igor outside," he said to me. So he could be nice.

"It doesn't hurt to be nice, does it?" I huffed and crossed my arms across my chest. He pulled me tighter, "You have no idea how hard this is for me, so please just cooperate."

I sighed and nodded, "Fine. Let me just go and get changed and I'll come back."

"If you don't come back after an hour, I'll dragging your ass back here," he slowly let me go. I waved him off and walked out.