16

ROSALINE

I was awake on his bed in nothing but another pair of Alexei's shirt. When I meant nothing, I meant nothing. After yesterday's foreplay, he kissed me and said he had somewhere to go. He didn't come back until I think midnight because I didn't even know he woke up until I woke up this morning.

I was mad at him for leaving and not coming back. I didn't even get a text from him and I was worried. I had to get his number from Igor and tried calling him but he wouldn't pick.

"Why are you glaring at my door?" his husky voice filled my ears. I huffed and wiggled myself out of his grip. "What's with the attitude, Rose?" he asked tiredly but didn't let me go.

I was glad we didn't have sex yesterday; I would have felt worse.

"You left to only God knows where and then you show up in the middle of the night thinking I'll welcome you with open arms when I wake up? Hell no, buddy!" I turned to glare at him.

He looked at me with an amused expression. "I honestly don't know the difference between you and a child. You remind me of Vera a lot," he chuckled. I huffed and looked away.

"Asshole," I proceeded to get up but he grabbed me and pulled me close to him. He said something in Russian and made me turn to face him. "I'm sorry, Rose. It was business and I didn't expect it to take much of my time," he said to me.

My eyes widened.

Did he just apologize?

To me?

"Are you sick?" I raised my hand to touch his forehead. He frowned, "Why that question?" "You just apologized to me. Are you dying?" I asked him.

He chuckled and laid down back. I yelped when he pulled me down with him to lay on his chest. "Just because I apologized, doesn't mean I'm sick, Rose. I'm trying to be a good husband for you," he said to me. I grinned and tapped my nails on his chest.

I needed to get them done.

"You deserve an award for your effort," I said cheekily and he hummed as he closed his eyes. "Can I get my nails done?" I asked him. He opened his eyes and looked at my fingers.

"I hope you don't plan on doing those nails that are as long as a chicken's feet," he said with wary. I laughed and shook my head, "No, that's not my style. I don't like those."

"Good. I'll tell Yeka and Igor to go with you," he said. "Thank you," I said with a smile. "Let's sleep throughout the whole morning, I'm tired," he sighed and I laughed before I laid beside him.

"I'm supposed to be in my room," I said to him. He held me tighter, "Just stay here." I smiled and snuggled closer.

It's been so long since I've been this intimate with a guy. After Marcus, I just lost hope.

And here I was, snuggling with a mafia boss.

A hot one to be exact.

Lucky me.

In the middle of my thoughts, I fell asleep.

I woke later to see Alexei coming out of his closet, buttoning up his shirt. I raised a brow as I sat up, "Another business meeting?"

"I have a company that I run. I'm just going to check on it and come back," he said as he knotted his tie. I sighed and got up, fixing my hair. I needed to check on mom.

"I'll see you later then," I said and waved at him before walking out. Igor was by the door. He nodded at me as if saying good morning and I smiled at him.

My stomach growled. I was hungry.

"I'm starving!" I groaned and ran to my room to clean up. When I was done, I changed into a pair of sweatpants and a front zipper bra top. I have no idea how to explain it but that's the best I can do.

I tied my hair in a messy bun and made my way downstairs to the kitchen. Alexei was by the fridge holding what I assume to be a cup of coffee while one of his men read out something from his iPad.

"Sweetheart," Anya greeted me with a smile and handed me a plate of waffles and bacon. "Thank you, Anya," I smiled and went to sit at the counter to eat.

"You look like a fresh meal today," I turned to see Vlad approach me with a boyish grin. Even for a grown man, he had the ability to pull of boyish charms. "Good morning to you too, Vlad," I waved at him as he sat beside me.

"It's afternoon in two minutes," he pointed out and I shrugged.

A glass of cold orange juice was placed in front of me and I looked up to see Alexei. "Awn, who knew you could be so sweet?" I teased him. He rolled his eyes, "You have a way of making me have instant regrets in less than two seconds."

I giggled and took a sip. Damn, this was good.

"I need me a wife," Vlad huffed and I chuckled.

"Are you ready to go?" Alexei asked him. He nodded and adjusted his suit. It was then I noticed that he was also dressed up like Alexei. He looked like a model in his light gray suit and black inner shirt.

"When will you guys be back?" I decided to ask as I chewed on my delicious pancakes.

"Before dinner," Alexei approached me. I looked up at him, "Don't die." He smirked and wrapped an arm around my waist. My heart skipped a beat.

"Be a good girl," he said lowly. I huffed and looked away, "I'm not a child." He chuckled and pulled away to follow Vlad and the other man to the door.

"Yeka will come over later and then you guys can do whatever you like," he said and I watched him leave.

Letting out a drawn out sigh, I drank my juice.

I heard a giggle making me turn to see Anya looking at me with a teasing grin. "What's with that face?" I narrowed my eyes at her. "Nothing, dear. It's just a surprise to see Alexei take interest in anyone apart from his step mother and sister," she said.

I frowned. "Step mother?"

She nodded, "I'm glad that you both are bonding." I waved her off as my cheeks heated, "We're not like that." She chuckled, "Denial is a river in Egypt."

I liked this woman.

I needed to escape.

"I'm going to check on my mom. thank you for the food," I said as I took my last bacon in my hand and scurried out of the kitchen. Her laughter filled the house and I giggled.

Time to take care of mom.